- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 416498, 3 pages
Chest Pain? An Unusual Presentation of Vertebral Osteomyelitis
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine-Jacksonville, University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL 32209, USA
Received 25 November 2012; Revised 9 January 2013; Accepted 11 January 2013
Academic Editor: T. Ottenhoff
Copyright © 2013 Cristian Landa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Zimmerli, “Vertebral osteomyelitis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 362, no. 11, pp. 1022–1029, 2010.
- W. Y. Cheung and K. D. Luke, “Pyogenic spondylitis,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 36, pp. 397–404, 2012.
- S. Govender, “Spinal infections,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. Series B, vol. 87, no. 11, pp. 1454–1458, 2005.
- U. Acharya, “A case of atypical presentation of thoracic osteomyelitis & paraspinal abscess,” McGill Journal of Medicine, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 164–167, 2008.
- J. Graveleau, O. Grossi, M. Lefebure, and H. Redon, “Vertebral osteomyelitis: an unusual presentation of Bartonella henselae infection,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 511–516, 2011.
- S. K. Gupta, A. Pandit, D. G. White, and P. D. Evans, “Salmonella osteomyelitis of the thoracic spine: An unusual presentation,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 80, no. 940, pp. 110–111, 2004.
- M. S. Buckland, H. J. Longhurst, and M. Murphy, “Osteomyelitis complicating pyomyositis in HIV disease,” International Journal of STD and AIDS, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 632–634, 2004.
- D. E. Fish, K. Middleton, and A. Gluzman, “Atypical presentation of osteomyelitis, discitis, epidural, and iliopsoas abscess in diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH) syndrome,” American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 87, no. 11, pp. 960–966, 2008.
- M. Choudhury, B. R. Patel, M. Patel, and T. Bashir, “Streptococcus viridans osteomyelitis and endocarditis following dental treatment: a case report,” Cases Journal, vol. 2, no. 9, article 6857, 2009.
- Y. Chen, B. J. Kim, S. H. Lee, and S. S. Hu, “High thoracic spinal infection following upper gastrointestinal work-up,” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1132–1135, 2007.
- A. Minematsu, T. Sawait, T. Matsutake, Y. Soejima, S. Naito, and S. Kohno, “A case of Mycobacterium intracellulare pulmonary infection with vertebral osteomyelitis,” Kansenshogaku Zasshi, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 527–531, 2011.
- E. Nitta, H. Ishiguro, H. Baba, and N. Fukuhara, “A case of spinal osteomyelitis detected by MRI,” Rinsho Shinkeigaku, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 1252–1254, 1991.
- P. J. Sullivan, D. Currie, J. V. Collins, D. J. Johnstone, and A. Morgan, “Vertebral osteomyelitis presenting with pleuritic chest pain and bilateral pleural effusions,” Thorax, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 395–396, 1992.
- M. H. Khan, P. N. Smith, N. Rao, and W. F. Donaldson, “Serum C-reactive protein levels correlate with clinical response in patients treated with antibiotics for wound infections after spinal surgery,” Spine Journal, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 311–315, 2006.
- M. J. Patzakis, S. Rao, J. Wilkins, T. M. Moore, and P. J. Harvey, “Analysis of 61 cases of vertebral osteomyelitis,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 264, pp. 178–183, 1991.
- F. Roblot, J. M. Besnier, L. Juhel et al., “Optimal Duration of Antibiotic Therapy in Vertebral Osteomyelitis,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 269–277, 2007.
- P. Sendi, T. Bregenzer, and W. Zimmerli, “Spinal epidural abscess in clinical practice,” QJM, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2008.
- S. H. Yoon, S. K. Chung, K. J. Kim, H. J. Kim, Y. J. Jin, and H. B. Kim, “Pyogenic vertebral osteomyelitis: Identification of microorganism and laboratory markers used to predict clinical outcome,” European Spine Journal, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 575–582, 2010.