- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 459753, 5 pages
False Positive 18F-FDG Uptake in Mediastinal Lymph Nodes Detected with Positron Emission Tomography in Breast Cancer: A Case Report
1Department of Radiation Oncology, Acibadem Adana Hospital, Acibadem University School of Medicine, Seyhan, 01130 Adana, Turkey
2Department of Nuclear Medicine, Acibadem Adana Hospital, Seyhan, 01130 Adana, Turkey
3Department of Internal Medicine, Acibadem Adana Hospital, Acibadem University School of Medicine, Seyhan, 01130 Adana, Turkey
4Department of Thoracic Surgery, Inonu University School of Medicine, 44000 Malatya, Turkey
Received 20 December 2012; Accepted 11 February 2013
Academic Editor: Bruno Megarbane
Copyright © 2013 Gamze Uğurluer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, F. Bray, M. M. Center, J. Ferlay, E. Ward, and D. Forman, “Global cancer statistics,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 69–90, 2011.
- Early Breast Cancer Trialists' Collaborative Group (EBCTCG), “Effects of chemotherapy and hormonal therapy for early breast cancer on recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trials,” The Lancet, vol. 365, no. 9472, pp. 1687–1717, 2005.
- T. F. Çermik, A. Mavi, S. Basu, and A. Alavi, “Impact of FDG PET on the preoperative staging of newly diagnosed breast cancer,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 475–483, 2008.
- T. A. Heusner, S. Kuemmel, L. Umutlu et al., “Breast cancer staging in a single session: whole-body PET/CT mammography,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1215–1222, 2008.
- J. M. Reich, J. P. Mullooly, and R. E. Johnson, “Linkage analysis of malignancy-associated sarcoidosis,” Chest, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 605–613, 1995.
- G. Antoch, F. M. Vogt, L. S. Freudenberg et al., “Whole-body dual-modality PET/CT and whole-body MRI for tumor staging in oncology,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 290, no. 24, pp. 3199–3206, 2003.
- N. Fujiuchi, T. Saeki, H. Takeuchi et al., “A false positive for metastatic lymph nodes in the axillary region of a breast cancer patient following mastectomy,” Breast Cancer, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 141–144, 2011.
- D. Fuster, J. Duch, P. Paredes et al., “Preoperative staging of large primary breast cancer with [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography compared with conventional imaging procedures,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 26, no. 29, pp. 4746–4751, 2008.
- D. Groheux, E. Hindié, M. Delord et al., “Prognostic impact of 18FDG-PET-CT findings in clinical stage III and IIB breast cancer,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 104, no. 24, pp. 1879–1887, 2012.
- W. B. Eubank, D. A. Mankoff, J. Takasugi et al., “18Fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography to detect mediastinal or internal mammary metastases in breast cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 19, no. 15, pp. 3516–3523, 2001.
- S. Ataergin, N. Arslan, A. Ozet, and M. A. Ozguven, “Abnormal 18F-FDG uptake detected with positron emission tomography in a patient with breast cancer: a case of sarcoidosis and review of the literature,” Case Reports in Medicine, vol. 2009, Article ID 785047, 4 pages, 2009.
- B. Zangheri, C. Messa, M. Picchio, L. Gianolli, C. Landoni, and F. Fazio, “PET/CT and breast cancer,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 31, supplement 1, pp. S135–S142, 2004.
- D. H. Reddy and E. B. Mendelson, “Incorporating new imaging models in breast cancer management,” Current Treatment Options in Oncology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 135–145, 2005.
- B. Keam, S.-A. Im, Y. Koh et al., “Predictive value of FDG PET/CT for pathologic axillary node involvement after neoadjuvant chemotherapy,” Breast Cancer, 2012.
- D. A. Podoloff, R. H. Advani, C. Allred et al., “NCCN Task Force report: Positron Emission Tomography (PET)/Computed Tomography (CT) scanning in cancer,” JNCCN Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, vol. 5, supplement 1, pp. S1–S22, 2007.
- D. Wu and S. S. Gambhir, “Positron emission tomography in diagnosis and management of invasive breast cancer: current status and future perspectives,” Clinical Breast Cancer, vol. 4, supplement 1, pp. S55–S63, 2003.
- G. J. R. Cook, E. A. Wegner, and I. Fogelman, “Pitfalls and artifacts in 18FDG PET and PET/CT oncologic imaging,” Seminars in Nuclear Medicine, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 122–133, 2004.
- B. M. Hunt, E. Vallières, G. Buduhan, R. Aye, and B. Louie, “Sarcoidosis as a benign cause of lymphadenopathy in cancer patients,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 197, no. 5, pp. 629–632, 2009.
- A. Bhatia, Y. Kumar, and A. S. Kathpalia, “Granulomatous inflammation in lymph nodes draining cancer: a coincidence or a significant association!,” International Journal of Medical Sciences, no. 2, pp. 13–16, 2009.