- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 539761, 3 pages
Cortical Blindness due to Bilateral Occipital Infarcts in a Renal Failure Patient with Prostate Cancer: A Rare Complication of Hemodialysis
1Department of Urology II Clinic of Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
2Department of Ophthalmology III Clinic of Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
3Department of Nephrology Clinic of Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Received 1 May 2012; Revised 8 November 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jonathan E. Sears
Copyright © 2013 O. G. Doluoglu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Bregman, J. T. Daugirdas, and T. S. Ing, “Complications during hemodialysis,” in Handbook of Dialysis, J. T. Daugirdas and T. S. Ing, Eds., p. 149, Little, Brown and Company, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- Y. H. Al-Falki, “Bilateral occipital infarcts in a hemodialysis patient,” American Journal of Nephrology, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 413–414, 2001.
- D. I. Moel and Y. A. Kwun, “Cortical blindness as a complication of hemodialysis,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 890–891, 1978.
- F. Liano and J. Pascual, “Epidemiology of acute renal failure: a prospective, multicenter, community-based study. Madrid acute renal failure study group,” Kidney International, vol. 50, pp. 811–818, 1996.
- H. Saitoh, M. Hida, and T. Shimbo, “Metastatic patterns of prostatic cancer. Correlation between sites and number of organs involved,” Cancer, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 3078–3084, 1984.
- S. Pendse, A. Singh, and E. Zawada, “Initiation of dialysis,” in Handbook of Dialysis, J. T. Daugirdas, P. G. Blake, and T. S. Ing, Eds., Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2007.
- K/DOQI, “Clinical practice guidelines and clinical practice recommendations 2006 updates hemodialysis adequacy peritoneal dialysis adequacy vascular access,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 48, supplement 1, pp. S1–S105, 2006.
- K. S. Servilla and G. C. Groggel, “Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy as a complication of hemodialysis,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 61–63, 1986.
- J. Feehally, J. Floege, and R. J. Johnson, “Comprehensive clinical nephrology,” in Acute Complication of Hemodialysis, B. L. Jaber, A. Vpadhyay, and B. J. G. Pereira, Eds., chapter 84, pp. 967–969, 2007.
- S. Haider, N. J. Astbury, and D. V. Hamilton, “Optic neuropathy in uraemic patients on dialysis,” Eye, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 148–151, 1993.
- S. E. Connolly, K. B. Gordon, and J. C. Horton, “Salvage of vision after hypotension-induced ischemic optic neuropathy,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 235–242, 1994.
- L. M. Buono, R. Foroozan, P. J. Savino, H. V. Danesh-Meyer, and D. Stanescu, “Posterior ischemic optic neuropathy after hemodialysis,” Ophthalmology, vol. 110, no. 6, pp. 1216–1218, 2003.