- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 591272, 4 pages
Short Interval Infield Sarcoma Development following Resection of Glioblastoma and Adjuvant Radiotherapy and Temozolomide
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital, McGill University and Department of Neurosurgery, McGill University Health Centre, 3801 University Avenue, 109 Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2B4
Received 24 June 2013; Accepted 24 July 2013
Academic Editor: Lothar Bergmann
Copyright © 2013 Fahad E. Alotaibi and Kevin Petrecca. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Chowdhary, A. M. Spence, L. Sales, R. C. Rostomily, J. K. Rockhill, and D. L. Silbergeld, “Radiation associated tumors following therapeutic cranial radiation,” Surgical Neurology International, vol. 3, p. 48, 2012.
- R. Stupp, W. P. Mason, M. J. van den Bent et al., “Radiotherapy plus concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide for glioblastoma,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 352, no. 10, pp. 987–996, 2005.
- D. W. Dodick, B. Mokri, E. G. Shaw, G. M. Miller, and K. K. Unni, “Sarcomas of calvarial bones: rare remote effect of radiation therapy for brain tumors,” Neurology, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 908–912, 1994.
- F. T. Garner, D. M. Barrs, D. M. Lanier, T. E. Carter, and R. E. Mischke, “Radiation-induced sarcoma of the skull: a case report,” Otolaryngology, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 326–329, 1988.
- J. M. Gomona and A. Shaked, “Radiation induced meningiomas,” Neuroradiology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 211–212, 1982.
- J. C. Gonzalez Vitale, R. E. Slavin, and J. D. McQueen, “Radiation-induced intracranial malignant fibrous histiocytoma,” Cancer, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 2960–2963, 1976.
- J. M. Kaminski, C.-C. Yang, F. Yagmai, B. Movsas, M. Lee, and J. T. Barrett, “Intracranial fibrosarcoma arising 5 years after chemotherapy alone for glioblastoma multiforme in a child,” Pediatric Neurosurgery, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 257–260, 2000.
- P. P. Kumar, R. R. Good, F. M. Skultety, et al., “Radiation-induced neoplasms of the brain,” Cancer, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 1274–1282, 1987.
- M. L. C. Maat-Schieman, T. A. M. Bots, T. W. M. Thomeer, and G. J. Vielvoye, “Malignant astrocytoma following radiotherapy for craniopharyngioma,” The British Journal of Radiology, vol. 58, no. 689, pp. 480–482, 1985.
- F. J. Mark, J. Poen, L. M. Tran, Y. S. Fu, M. T. Selch, and R. G. Parker, “Postirradiation sarcomas: a single-institution study and review of the literature,” Cancer, vol. 73, pp. 2653–2662, 1994.
- G. Marus, C. V. Levin, and G. S. Rutherfoord, “Malignant glioma following radiotherapy for unrelated primary tumors,” Cancer, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 886–894, 1986.
- J. Munk, E. Peyser, and J. Gruszkiewicz, “Radiation induced intracranial meningiomas,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 90–94, 1969.
- I. J. Rimm, F. C. Li, N. J. Tarbell, et al., “Brain tumors after cranial irradiation for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. A 13-year experience from the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and The Children's Hospital,” Cancer, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 1506–1508, 1987.
- E. Robinson, A. I. Neugut, and P. Wylie, “Clinical aspects of postirradiation sarcomas,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 233–240, 1988.
- A. B. Rubinstein, M. N. Shalit, M. L. Cohen, et al., “Radiation-induced cerebral meningioma: a recognizable entity,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 966–971, 1984.
- R. E. Scully, E. J. Mark, W. F. McNeely, and B. U. McNeely, “Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital: case 26-1988,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 318, pp. 1742–1750, 1988.
- D. Soffer, S. Pittaluga, M. Feiner, and A. J. Beller, “Intracranial meningiomas following low-dose irradiation to the head,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 1048–1053, 1983.
- A. O. Adeleye, Y. Fellig, F. Umansky, and Y. Shoshan, “Rapid growth of primary cerebral fibrosarcoma with conversion to glioblastoma at second recurrence,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 233–238, 2009.
- K. Thway, A. G. Nicholson, K. Lawson et al., “Primary pulmonary myxoid sarcoma with EWSR1-CREB1 fusion: a new tumor entity,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1722–1732, 2011.