- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 607393, 3 pages
Culture of the Aspirated Coronary Thromboembulus Specimen: A Peculiar Diagnostic Method for Infective Endocarditis
1Division of Cardiology, San Raffaele University Hospital, Via Olgettina 58, 20100 Milan, Italy
2Division of Vascular Surgery, San Raffaele University Hospital, Via Olgettina 58, 20100 Milan, Italy
Received 9 December 2012; Accepted 5 February 2013
Academic Editor: J. B. Sharma
Copyright © 2013 Massimo Slavich et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. G. Hunder, D. A. Bloch, B. A. Michel et al., “The American College of Rheumatology 1990 criteria for the classification of giant cell arteritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1122–1128, 1990.
- G. Habib, B. Hoen, P. Tornos et al., “Guidelines on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infective endocarditis (new version 2009): the Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) for Infection and Cancer,” European Heart Journal, vol. 30, pp. 2369–2413, 2009.
- P. Kolh, W. Wijns, N. Danchin et al., “Guidelines on myocardial revascularization,” European Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery, vol. 38, supplement, pp. S1–S52, 2010.
- P. G. Steg, S. K. James, D. Atar et al., “ESC Guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation,” European Heart Journal, vol. 33, no. 20, pp. 2569–2619, 2012.
- P. J. Vlaar, T. Svilaas, I. C. van der Horst et al., “Cardiac death and reinfarction after 1 year in the Thrombus Aspiration during Percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction Study (TAPAS): a 1-year follow-up study,” The Lancet, vol. 371, no. 9628, pp. 1915–1920, 2008.
- A. Picchi and U. Limbruno, “Thrombus aspiration during primary percutaneous coronary intervention,” Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 16–23, 2012.