- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 701264, 3 pages
Peripartum Isolated Cortical Vein Thrombosis in a Mother with Postdural Puncture Headache Treated with an Epidural Blood Patch
1Department of Neurology, Queen’s Hospital, Romford RM7 0AG, UK
2Department of Neuroradiology, Queen’s Hospital, Romford RM7 0AG, UK
3Department of Anaesthetics, Queen’s Hospital, Romford RM7 0AG, UK
4Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Queen’s Hospital, Romford RM7 0AG, UK
Received 25 November 2012; Revised 21 January 2013; Accepted 12 February 2013
Academic Editor: Ingo W. Husstedt
Copyright © 2013 Etienne Laverse et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Cantwell, T. Clutton-Brock, G. Cooper et al., “Saving Mothers' Lives: reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer: 2006–2008. The Eighth Report of the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom,” British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 118, pp. 1–203, 2011.
- S. Ghatge, S. Uppugonduri, and Z. Kamarzaman, “Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis following accidental dural puncture and epidural blood patch,” International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 267–270, 2008.
- M. O. Kinney and M. O. McCarron, “Intracranial hypotension and venous sinus thrombosis: two postpartum headaches,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 87, no. 1030, pp. 571–572, 2011.
- M. Boukobza, I. Crassard, M. G. Bousser, and H. Chabriat, “MR imaging features of isolated cortical vein thrombosis: diagnosis and follow-up,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 344–348, 2009.
- J. M. Ferro and P. Canhão, “Cerebral venous and dural sinus thrombosis,” Practical Neurology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 214–219, 2003.
- N. Anand, C. Chan, and N. E. Wang, “Cerebral venous thrombosis: a case report,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 132–137, 2009.
- S. E. Borum, L. G. Naul, and C. H. McLeskey, “Postpartum dural venous sinus thrombosis after postdural puncture headache and epidural blood patch,” Anesthesiology, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 487–490, 1997.
- P. J. Goadsby, C. Boes, and C. L. M. Sudlow, “Low CSF volume (pressure) headache,” Practical Neurology, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 192–197, 2002.
- J. van Nordennen and F. Camu, “Postpartum seizures after epidural analgesia: a patient with a mutation of the factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene,” Journal of Clinical Anesthesia, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 549–550, 2007.