- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 756152, 3 pages
Paediatric Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis with HIV Coinfection: A Case Report
1Department of Community Medicine, Federal Medical Centre, PMB 7001, Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria
2Department of Public Health, Ministry of Health, Abia State, Nigeria
3Department of Paediatrics, Federal Medical Centre, PMB 7001, Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria
Received 26 October 2012; Revised 29 December 2012; Accepted 14 January 2013
Academic Editor: Luis García-Marcos
Copyright © 2013 Huldah I. Nwokeukwu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. F. Ugochukwu, “HIV/TB co-infection in Nigerian Children,” Nigerian Medical Journal, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 120–124, 2010.
- World Health Organization, “Nigeria Country Programmes. AIDS, TB and Malaria,” http://www.afro.who.int/.
- World Health Organization, TB/HIV. A Clinical Manual, WHO/HTM/TB, 2nd edition, 2004.
- H. S. Schaaf and B. J. Marais, “Management of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in children: a survival guide for paediatricians,” Paediatric Respiratory Reviews, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 31–38, 2011.
- D. Ettehad, H. S. Schaaf, J. A. Seddon, G. S. Cooke, and N. Ford, “Treatment outcomes for children with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” The Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 449–456, 2012.
- Cepheid, “Xpert MTB/RIF. Two hours detection of MTB and resistance to rifampicin,” http://www.cepheidinternational.com/tests-and-reagents/ce-ivd-test/xpert-mtbrif.
- K. Park, Park's Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine, M/S Banarsides Bhalnot, Jabalhur, India, 21st edition, 2011.
- D. Shingadia and V. Novelli, “Diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis in children,” Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 624–632, 2003.