- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 793193, 4 pages
The Ace of Spades: Reverse Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy in the Context of Angiographic Embolization of Recurrent Metastatic Serotonin-Positive Neuroendocrine Tumour of the Pancreas
1McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
2Department of Surgery, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
3Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
4Division of Cardiology, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
Received 22 September 2012; Revised 20 December 2012; Accepted 31 December 2012
Academic Editor: Hisao Ogawa
Copyright © 2013 Ian A. Mazzetti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Kim, A. Yu, L. A. Filippone, D. M. Kolansky, and A. Raina, “Inverted-Takotsubo pattern cardiomyopathy secondary to pheochromocytoma: a clinical case and literature review,” Clinical Cardiology, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 200–205, 2010.
- A. Prasad, A. Lerman, and C. S. Rihal, “Apical ballooning syndrome (Tako-Tsubo or stress cardiomyopathy): a mimic of acute myocardial infarction,” American Heart Journal, vol. 155, no. 3, pp. 408–417, 2008.
- M. R. Movahed and K. Mostafizi, “Reverse or inverted left ventricular apical ballooning syndrome (reverse Takotsubo cardiomyopathy) in a young woman in the setting of amphetamine use,” Echocardiography, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 429–432, 2008.
- I. Eitel, F. von Knobelsdorff-Brenkenhoff, P. Bernhardt et al., “Clinical characteristics and cardiovascular magnetic resonance findings in stress (Takotsubo) cardiomyopathy,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 306, no. 3, pp. 277–286, 2011.
- T. M. Pilgrim and T. R. Wyss, “Takotsubo cardiomyopathy or transient left ventricular apical ballooning syndrome: a systematic review,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 124, no. 3, pp. 283–292, 2008.
- I. S. Wittstein, D. R. Thiemann, J. A. C. Lima et al., “Neurohumoral features of myocardial stunning due to sudden emotional stress,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 352, no. 6, pp. 539–548, 2005.
- P. Golino, F. Piscione, J. T. Willerson et al., “Divergent effects of serotonin on coronary-artery dimensions and blood flow in patients with coronary atherosclerosis and control patients,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 324, no. 10, pp. 641–648, 1991.
- N. K. Mehta, G. Aurigemma, Z. Rafeq, and O. Starobin, “Reverse takotsubo cardiomyopathy after an episode of serotonin syndrome,” Texas Heart Institute Journal, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 568–572, 2011.