- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 804136, 3 pages
A Case of the Large Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma of the Urinary Bladder
Department of Urology, National Hospital Organization Beppu Medical Center, 1473 Uchikamado, Beppu City, Oita 874-0011, Japan
Received 30 September 2012; Revised 25 February 2013; Accepted 17 March 2013
Academic Editor: Maxwell V. Meng
Copyright © 2013 Shinro Hata and Yoshihisa Tasaki. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Mazzucchelli, D. Morichetti, A. Lopez-Beltran et al., “Neuroendocrine tumours of the urinary system and male genital organs: clinical significance,” BJU International, vol. 103, no. 11, pp. 1464–1470, 2009.
- W. D. Travis, R. I. Linnoila, M. G. Tsokos et al., “Neuroendocrine tumors of the lung with proposed criteria for large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma: an ultrastructural, immunohistochemical, and flow cytometric study of 35 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 529–553, 1991.
- K. Yun, N. P. Cho, and G. N. Glassford, “Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the uterine cervix: a report of a case with coexisting cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and human papillomavirus 16,” Pathology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 158–161, 1999.
- A. J. Evans, P. A. Humphrey, J. Belani, T. H. Van Der Kwast, and J. R. Srigley, “Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of prostate: a clinicopathologic summary of 7 cases of a rare manifestation of advanced prostate cancer,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 684–693, 2006.
- S. Mitomo, Y. Hayakawa, T. Irinoda, et al., “A case of large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma,” Journal of the Japan Surgical Association, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 520–524, 2008.
- K. H. Lee, S. B. Ryu, M. C. Lee, C. S. Park, S. W. Juhng, and C. Choi, “Primary large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the urinary bladder,” Pathology International, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 688–693, 2006.
- K. Okoshi, T. Saiga, S. Hisamori, K. Iwaisako, H. Kobayashi, and H. Ogawa, “A case of cytokeratin 20-positive large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the breast,” Breast Cancer, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 360–364, 2012.
- I. J. Martin, D. G. Vilar, J. M. Aquado, et al., “Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Bibliographic review,” Archivos Españoles de Urología, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 105–113, 2011.
- S. Akamatsu, S. Kanamaru, M. Ishihara, T. Sano, A. Soeda, and K. Hashimoto, “Primary large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the urinary bladder: case report,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1080–1083, 2008.
- S. Hailemariam, A. Gaspert, P. Komminoth, P. Tamboli, and M. Amin, “Primary, pure, large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the urinary bladder,” Modern Pathology, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 1016–1020, 1998.
- A. J. Evans, J. Al-Maghrabi, J. Tsihlias, G. Lajoie, J. M. Sweet, and W. B. Chapman, “Primary large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the urinary bladder,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 126, no. 10, pp. 1229–1232, 2002.
- S. R. Williamson, S. Zhang, J. L. Yao et al., “ERG-TMPRSS2 rearrangement is shared by concurrent prostatic adenocarcinoma and prostatic small cell carcinoma and absent in small cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder: evidence supporting monoclonal origin,” Modern Pathology, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1120–1127, 2011.
- P. Abenoza, C. Manivel, and R. K. Sibley, “Adenocarcinoma with neuroendocrine differentiation of the urinary bladder. Clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and ultrastructural study,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 110, no. 11, pp. 1062–1066, 1986.