- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 828631, 3 pages
Mycobacterial Infection of the Gallbladder Masquerading as Gallbladder Cancer with a False Positive Pet Scan
1The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Division of Surgery, Level 6A, 28 Woodville Road, Woodville South, SA 5011, Australia
2Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Discipline of Surgery, University of Adelaide, Woodville, SA 5011, Australia
Received 6 September 2012; Accepted 7 February 2013
Academic Editor: Eldon A. Shaffer
Copyright © 2013 Adeeb Majid et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Bergdahl and L. Boquist, “Tuberculosis of the gall-bladder,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 289–292, 1972.
- R. Jain, S. Sawhney, D. Bhargava, and M. Berry, “Gallbladder tuberculosis: sonographic appearance,” Journal of Clinical Ultrasound, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 327–329, 1995.
- R. Yu and Y. Liu, “Gallbladder tuberculosis: case report,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 115, no. 8, pp. 1259–1261, 2002.
- R. Verma, M. Vij, and L. Pal, “Gall bladder tuberculosis masquerading as carcinoma: dilemma resolved by aspiration cytology,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 91–93, 2012.
- X.-F. Xu, R.-S. Yu, L.-L. Qiu, J. Shen, F. Dong, and Y. Chen, “Gallbladder tuberculosis: CT findings with histopathologic correlation,” Korean Journal of Radiology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 196–202, 2011.
- J. M. Ramia, K. Muffak, A. Fernández, J. Villar, D. Garrote, and J. A. Ferron, “Gallbladder tuberculosis: false-positive PET diagnosis of gallbladder cancer,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 12, no. 40, pp. 6559–6560, 2006.
- P. E. Valk, D. L. Bailey, D. W. Townsend, and M. N. Maisey, Positron Emission Tomography. Basic Science and Clinical Practice, Springer, London, UK, 2003.
- T. Koh, H. Taniguchi, A. Yamaguchi, S. Kunishima, and H. Yamagishi, “Differential diagnosis of gallbladder cancer using positron emission tomography with fluorine-18-labeled fluoro-deoxyglucose (FDG-PET),” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 74–81, 2003.
- A. Rodríguez-Fernández, M. Gómez-Río, J. M. Llamas-Elvira et al., “Positron-emission tomography with fluorine-18-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose for gallbladder cancer diagnosis,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 188, no. 2, pp. 171–175, 2004.