- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 853849, 4 pages
A Case of Mucosal Cancer of the Stomach Treated by Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection after Which Nodal Metastasis Became Evident
1Department of Gastroenterology, Sendai City Medical Center, 5-22-1, Tsurugaya, Miyagino-ku, Sendai 983-0824, Japan
2Department of Surgery, Sendai City Medical Center, Sendai 983-0824, Japan
3First Department of Pathology, Iwate Medical University, Morioka 983-0824, Japan
Received 27 August 2012; Revised 28 December 2012; Accepted 17 January 2013
Academic Editor: Kent-Man Chu
Copyright © 2013 Takashi Obana et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Gotoda, A. Yanagisawa, M. Sasako et al., “Incidence of lymph node metastasis from early gastric cancer: Estimation with a large number of cases at two large centers,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 219–225, 2000.
- T. Yamao, K. Shirao, H. Ono, et al., “Risk factors for lymph node metastasis from intramucosal gastric carcinoma,” Cancer, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 602–606, 1996.
- Japanese Gastric Cancer Association, Treatment Guidelines For Gastric Cancer in Japan, Kanehara, Tokyo, Japan, 3rd edition, 2010.
- T. Hirasawa, T. Gotoda, S. Miyata et al., “Incidence of lymph node metastasis and the feasibility of endoscopic resection for undifferentiated-type early gastric cancer,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 148–152, 2009.
- A. Sako, J. Kitayama, M. Ishikawa, H. Yamashita, and H. Nagawa, “Impact of immunohistochemically identified lymphatic invasion on nodal metastasis in early gastric cancer,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 295–302, 2006.
- S. R. Puli, J. Batapati Krishna Reddy, M. L. Bechtold, M. R. Antillon, and J. A. Ibdah, “How good is endoscopic ultrasound for TNM staging of gastric cancers? A meta-analysis and systematic review,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 14, no. 25, pp. 4011–4019, 2008.
- R. M. Kwee and T. C. Kwee, “Imaging in assessing lymph node status in gastric cancer,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 6–22, 2009.
- K. Koseki, T. Takizawa, M. Koike, M. Ito, Z. Nihei, and K. Sugihara, “Distinction of differentiated type early gastric carcinoma with gastric type mucin expression,” Cancer, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 724–732, 2000.
- Y. Tajima, T. Shimoda, Y. Nakanishi et al., “Gastric and intestinal phenotypic marker expression in gastric carcinomas and its prognostic significance: immunohistochemical analysis of 136 lesions,” Oncology, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 212–220, 2001.
- Y. Noda, N. Fujita, G. Kobayashi et al., “Diagnostic efficacy of the cell block method in comparison with smear cytology of tissue samples obtained by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 868–875, 2010.