- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 981232, 4 pages
Adult Onset Still’s Disease: A Case Report with a Rare Clinical Manifestation and Pathophysiological Correlations
1Interstitial Lung Disease Unit, Thoracic Medicine Department, University Hospital of Heraklion, 71110 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
2Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital of Heraklion, 71110 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Stephen P. Peters
Copyright © 2013 Katerina M. Antoniou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Efthimiou, P. K. Paik, and L. Bielory, “Diagnosis and management of adult onset Still's disease,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 564–572, 2006.
- M. Yamaguchi, A. Ohta, T. Tsunematsu et al., “Preliminary criteria for classification of adult Still's disease,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 424–430, 1992.
- J. Pouchot, J. S. Sampalis, F. Beaudet et al., “Adult Still's disease: manifestations, disease course, and outcome in 62 patients,” Medicine, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 118–136, 1991.
- D. L. Kastner, I. Aksentijevich, and R. Goldbach-Mansky, “Autoinflammatory disease reloaded: a clinical perspective,” Cell, vol. 140, no. 6, pp. 784–790, 2010.
- I. Kötter, A. Wacker, S. Koch et al., “Anakinra in patients with treatment-resistant adult-onset still's disease: four case reports with serial cytokine measurements and a review of the literature,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 189–197, 2007.
- B. K. Davis, H. Wen, and J. P. Y. Ting, “The Inflammasome NLRs in immunity, inflammation, and associated diseases,” Annual Review of Immunology, vol. 29, pp. 707–735, 2011.
- V. Pascual, F. Allantaz, E. Arce, M. Punaro, and J. Banchereau, “Role of interleukin-1 (IL-1) in the pathogenesis of systemic onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis and clinical response to IL-1 blockade,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 201, no. 9, pp. 1479–1486, 2005.
- R. Krenke, J. Nasilowski, P. Korczynski et al., “Incidence and aetiology of eosinophilic pleural effusion,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1111–1117, 2009.
- Y. Oba and T. Abu-Salah, “The prevalence and diagnostic significance of eosinophilic pleural effusions: a meta-analysis and systematic review,” Respiration, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 198–208, 2012.
- M. Gattorno, S. Tassi, S. Carta et al., “Pattern of interleukin-1β secretion in response to lipopolysaccharide and ATP before and after interleukin-1 blockade in patients with CIAS1 mutations,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 3138–3148, 2007.