- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 403104, 3 pages
Prebiliary Right Hepatic Artery Resulting in Common Hepatic Duct Compression and Subsequent Intrahepatic Stone Formation: Myth or Reality?
1Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), 1000 Brussels, Belgium
2Lebanese University, Beirut 961, lebanon
Received 10 October 2013; Revised 11 December 2013; Accepted 11 December 2013; Published 9 January 2014
Academic Editor: Gianfranco D. Alpini
Copyright © 2014 Vanessa Marron Mendes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. A. Michels, “Newer anatomy of the liver and its variant blood supply and collateral circulation,” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 337–347, 1966.
- J. R. Hiatt, J. Gabbay, and R. W. Busuttil, “Surgical anatomy of the hepatic arteries in 1000 cases,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 220, no. 1, pp. 50–52, 1994.
- A. Koops, B. Wojciechowski, D. C. Broering, G. Adam, and G. Krupski-Berdien, “Anatomic variations of the hepatic arteries in 604 selective celiac and superior mesenteric angiographies,” Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 239–244, 2004.
- S. Honma, W. Matsuda, and M. Kudo, “Right hepatic artery traveling anteriorly to the common bile duct,” Anatomical Science International, vol. 88, pp. 93–96, 2013.
- K. Miyashita, K. Shiraki, T. Ito, H. Taoka, and T. Nakano, “The right hepatic artery syndrome,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 11, no. 19, pp. 3008–3009, 2005.
- D. Eshtiaghpour, V. E. Eysselein, and S. Reicher, “Hepatic artery compression of the common hepatic duct: direct visualization by single-operator peroral cholangioscopy,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 10, no. 5, article e45, 2012.
- S. Wadhwa, G. Khorwal, and S. Rachel Tigga, “Retroportal proper hepatic artery with malrotated gut,” Anatomical Science International, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 242–245, 2013.
- Y. H. Baek, S. R. Choi, J. H. Lee et al., “Obstructive jaundice due to compression of the common bile duct by right hepatic artery originated from gastroduodenal artery,” The Korean Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 394–398, 2008.
- R. Tsuchiya, T. Eto, and N. Harada, “Compression of the common hepatic duct by the right hepatic artery in intrahepatic gallstones,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 321–326, 1984.
- Y. Watanabe, M. Dohke, T. Ishimori et al., “Pseudo-obstruction of the extrahepatic bile duct due to artifact from arterial pulsatile compression: a diagnostic pitfall of MR cholangiopancreatography,” Radiology, vol. 214, no. 3, pp. 856–860, 2000.
- K. Izuishi, Y. Toyama, H. Wakabayashi, H. Usuki, and H. Maeta, “Compression of the common hepatic duct by the right hepatic artery,” Clinical Imaging, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 342–344, 2005.
- H. G. Beger and A. Schwarz, “Spectrum of biliary infections in the West and in the East,” HPB Surgery, vol. 8, pp. 215–222, 1995.
- J.-H. Chuang, S.-Y. Lee, W.-J. Chen, C.-S. Hsieh, N.-K. Chang, and S.-K. Lo, “Changes in bacterial concentration in the liver correlate with that in the hepaticojejunostomy after bile duct reconstruction: implication in the pathogenesis of postoperative cholangitis,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 1512–1518, 2001.
- L. A. Wetter, R. M. Hamadeh, J. M. Griffiss, A. Oesterle, B. Aagaard, and L. W. Way, “Differences in outer membrane characteristics between gallstone-associated bacteria and normal bacterial flora,” The Lancet, vol. 343, no. 8895, pp. 444–448, 1994.