- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 512921, 4 pages
Bovine Dermal Matrix as Coverage of Facial Nerve Grafts
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Aesthetic and Hand Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstraße 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Received 7 August 2013; Accepted 16 December 2013; Published 16 January 2014
Academic Editor: Elijah Dixon
Copyright © 2014 E. A. Kappos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. S. Halim, T. L. Khoo, and S. J. Mohd. Yussof, “Biologic and synthetic skin substitutes: an overview,” Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. S23–S28, 2010.
- P. A. Golinski, N. Zöller, S. Kippenberger, H. Menke, J. Bereiter-Hahn, and A. Bernd, “Development of an engraftable skin equivalent based on Matriderm with human keratinocytes and fibroblasts,” Handchirurgie Mikrochirurgie Plastische Chirurgie, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 327–332, 2009.
- P. M. van Zuijlen, A. J. M. van Trier, J. F. P. M. Vloemans, F. Groenevelt, R. W. Kreis, and E. Middelkoop, “Graft survival and effectiveness of dermal substitution in burns and reconstructive surgery in a one-stage grafting model,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 615–623, 2000.
- J. Lamy, A. Gourari, M. Atlan, and G. Zakine, “Use of Matriderm 1 mm in reconstructive surgery. Series of 31 cases,” Annales de Chirurgie Plastique Esthétique, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 235–242, 2013.
- P. Shakespeare and V. Shakespeare, “Survey: use of skin substitute materials in UK burn treatment centres,” Burns, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 295–297, 2002.
- H. J. De Vries, J. R. Mekkes, E. Middelkoop, et al., “Dermal substitutes for full-thickness wounds in a one-stage grafting model,” Wound Repair Regen, vol. 1, pp. 244–252, 1993.
- E. Middelkoop, H. J. C. de Vries, L. Ruuls, V. Everts, C. H. R. Wildevuur, and W. Westerhof, “Adherence, proliferation and collagen turnover by human fibroblasts seeded into different types of collagen sponges,” Cell and Tissue Research, vol. 280, no. 2, pp. 447–453, 1995.
- H. J. C. De Vries, J. E. Zeegelaar, E. Middelkoop et al., “Reduced wound contraction and scar formation in punch biopsy wounds. Native collagen dermal substitutes. A clinical study,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 132, no. 5, pp. 690–697, 1995.
- E. N. Lamme, H. J. C. de Vries, H. van Veen, G. Gabbiani, W. Westerhof, and E. Middelkoop, “Extracellular matrix characterization during healing of full-thickness wounds treated with a collagen/elastin dermal substitute shows improved skin regeneration in pigs,” Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 1311–1322, 1996.
- W. Haslik, L.-P. Kamolz, G. Nathschläger, H. Andel, G. Meissl, and M. Frey, “First experiences with the collagen-elastin matrix Matriderm as a dermal substitute in severe burn injuries of the hand,” Burns, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 364–368, 2007.
- H. Ryssel, E. Gazyakan, G. Germann, and M. Öhlbauer, “The use of MatriDerm in early excision and simultaneous autologous skin grafting in burns—a pilot study,” Burns, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 93–97, 2008.
- M. Keck and K. Ueberreiter, “Successful correction of an adherent scar on the dorsal hand with Matriderm,” Handchirurgie Mikrochirurgie Plastische Chirurgie, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 197–200, 2008.
- A. Heckmann, C. Radtke, H. O. Rennekampff, A. Jokuszies, B. Weyand, and P. M. Vogt, “One-stage defect closure of deperiosted bone and exposed tendons with MATRIDERM and skin transplantation—possibilities and limitations,” Der Unfallchirurg, vol. 115, no. 12, pp. 1092–1098, 2012.
- J. Haik and I. Zilinski, “Reconstruction of full-thickness defects with bovine-derived collagen/elastin matrix: a series of challenging cases and the first reported post-burn facial reconstruction,” Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 866–868, 2012.
- P. Kolokythas, M. C. Aust, P. M. Vogt, and F. Paulsen, “Dermal subsitute with the collagen-elastin matrix matriderm in burn injuries: a comprehensive review,” Handchirurgie Mikrochirurgie Plastische Chirurgie, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 367–371, 2008.
- D. Wainwright, M. Madden, A. Luterman et al., “Clinical evaluation of an acellular allograft dermal matrix in full-thickness burns,” Journal of Burn Care and Rehabilitation, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 124–136, 1996.
- D. Gould, “Endotracheal suctioning: an example of the problems of relevance and rigour in clinical research,” Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 389–398, 1996.