- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 560208, 3 pages
H3N2 Virus as Causative Agent of ARDS Requiring Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Support
1Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Unit of Emergency Department, Careggi Teaching Hospital, Florence, Italy
2Department of Heart and Vessels, Careggi Teaching Hospital, Florence, Italy
3Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Received 16 October 2013; Accepted 18 December 2013; Published 9 January 2014
Academic Editor: Werner Rabitsch
Copyright © 2014 Adriano Peris et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Viasus, J. A. Oteo Revuelta, J. Martinez-Montauti, and J. Carratala, “Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09-related pneumonia and other complications,” Enfermedades Infecciosas y Microbiología Clínica, vol. 30, supplement 4, pp. 43–48, 2012.
- M. E. Manriquez, A. Makino, M. Tanaka, et al., “Emergence of HA mutants during influenza virus pneumonia,” International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Pathology, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 787–795, 2012.
- A. Peris, G. Cianchi, S. Biondi et al., “Extracorporeal life support for management of refractory cardiac or respiratory failure: initial experience in a tertiary centre,” Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine, vol. 18, no. 1, article 28, 2010.
- CDC Protocol of Realtime RT-PCR for Influenza A, (H1N1), 2009.
- D. S. Hui, N. Lee, and P. K. S. Chan, “Clinical management of pandemic 2009 influenza A(H1N1) infection,” Chest, vol. 137, no. 4, pp. 916–925, 2010.
- G. Cianchi, M. Bonizzoli, A. Pasquini et al., “Ventilatory and ECMO treatment of H1N1-induced severe respiratory failure: results of an Italian referral ECMO center,” BMC Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 11, no. 2, article 2, 2011.
- S. A. R. Webb, V. Pettilä, I. Seppelt et al., “Critical care services and 2009 H1N1 influenza in Australia and New Zealand,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 361, no. 20, pp. 1925–1934, 2009.
- A. Kumar, R. Zarychanski, R. Pinto et al., “Critically ill patients with 2009 influenza A(H1N1) infection in Canada,” The Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 302, no. 17, pp. 1872–1879, 2009.
- D. H. Freed, D. Henzler, C. W. White et al., “Extracorporeal lung support for patients who had severe respiratory failure secondary to influenza A (H1N1) 2009 infection in Canada,” Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 240–247, 2010.
- N. Patroniti, A. Zangrillo, F. Pappalardo et al., “The Italian ECMO network experience during the 2009 influenza A(H1N1) pandemic: preparation for severe respiratory emergency outbreaks,” Intensive Care Medicine, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 1447–1457, 2011.
- A. Peris, M. Bonizzoli, G. Zagli, and A. Azzi, “Virological screening in cases of ALI/ARDS,” Journal of Hospital Infection, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 300–301, 2012.