- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Nephrology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 158494, 3 pages
Ectopic Thoracic Kidney and End-Stage Renal Disease in a 38-Year-Old Nigerian
1Department of Internal Medicine, University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, PMB 1136, Uyo, Nigeria
2Department of Internal Medicine, University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, PMB 1278, Calabar, Nigeria
Received 28 February 2013; Accepted 14 April 2013
Academic Editors: S. Kavukcu, K. McLaughlin, and W. Sulowicz
Copyright © 2013 U. E. Ekrikpo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Eroglu, F. Alper, A. Turkyilmaz, N. Karaoglanoglu, and A. Okur, “Pulmonary agenesis associated with dextrocardia, sternal defects, and ectopic kidney,” Pediatric Pulmonology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 547–549, 2005.
- T. E. Sumner, F. M. Volberg, and P. M. Smolen, “Intrathoracic kidney—diagnosis by ultrasound,” Pediatric Radiology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 78–80, 1982.
- A. Madani, K. Ghassemi, N. Ataei et al., “Thoracic ectopic kidney with diaphragmatic hernia,” Tanaffos, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 69–72, 2006.
- C. Hithaishi, S. Padmanabhan, B. S. Kumar, T. C. Kalawat, M. Venkatarammappa, and V. Siva Kuva, “Ectopic thoracic kidney—a case report,” Indian Journal of Nephrology, vol. 13, pp. 79–780, 2003.
- O. A. Ogunbiyi, “Ectopic thoracic kidney,” African Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences, vol. 15, no. 3-4, pp. 99–101, 1986.
- K. P. Jefferson and R. A. Persad, “Thoracic kidney: a rare form of renal ectopia,” Journal of Urology, vol. 165, no. 2, p. 504, 2001.
- E. Shapira, E. Fishel, and S. Levin, “Intrathoracic kidney in a premature infant,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 40, pp. 86–88, 1965.
- M. V. A. Lima, H. S. Silveira, and T. B. Moura, “Congenital intrathoracic right kidney in an adult,” Acta Urologica, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 25–27, 2007.
- A. Fadaii, S. Rezaian, and F. Tojari, “Intrathoracic kidney presented with chest pain,” Iranian Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 160–162, 2008.
- S. M. Belsare, M. Chimmalgi, S. A. Vaidya, and S. M. Sant, “Ectopic kidney and associated anomalies: a case report,” Journal of the Anatomical Society of India, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 236–2368, 2002.
- P. C. Zucchelli, “Hypertension and atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis: diagnostic approach,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 13, supplement 3, pp. S184–S186, 2002.