- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Neurological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 120423, 4 pages
Cerebral Venous Thrombosis as an Extrahepatic Manifestation of Acute Anicteric Hepatitis A Infection
1Department of Neurology, Evangelismos General Hospital, 10676 Athens, Greece
24th Department of Internal Medicine, Evangelismos General Hospital, 10676 Athens, Greece
Received 29 March 2012; Accepted 21 June 2012
Academic Editors: S. T. Gontkovsky, H. Kocaeli, and I. L. Simone
Copyright © 2012 Panagiotis Zis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Saposnik, F. Barinagarrementeria, R. D. Brown Jr. et al., “Diagnosis and management of cerebral venous thrombosis: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association,” Stroke, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 1158–1192, 2011.
- M. G. Bousser, J. Chiras, J. Bories, and P. Castaigne, “Cerebral venous thrombosis—a review of 38 cases,” Stroke, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 199–213, 1985.
- K. M. Einhäupl, A. Villringer, R. L. Haberl , et al., “Clinical spectrum of sinus venous thrombosis,” in Cerebral Sinus Thrombosis. Experimental and Clinical Aspects, K. Einhäupl, O. Kempski, and A. Baethmann, Eds., pp. 149–155, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- K. Einhäupl, M. G. Bousser, S. F. de Bruijn et al., “EFNS guideline on the treatment of cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis,” European Journal of Neurology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 553–559, 2006.
- A. C. Felício, M. M. Fukujima, J. A. Fiorot Jr. et al., “Cerebral venous thrombosis and hepatitis: case report,” Arquivos de Neuro-Psiquiatria, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 1041–1042, 2006.
- J. M. Ferro, M. Correia, C. Pontes, M. V. Baptista, and F. Pita, “Cerebral vein and dural sinus thrombosis in Portugal: 1980–1998,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 177–182, 2001.
- M. Saadatnia, S. A. Mousavi, S. Haghighi, and A. Aminorroaya, “Cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis in Isfahan-Iran: a changing profile,” Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 474–477, 2004.
- J. M. Ferro, P. Canhão, J. Stam, M. G. Bousser, F. Barinagarrementeria, and ISCVT Investigators, “Prognosis of cerebral vein and dural sinus thrombosis: results of the International Study on Cerebral Vein and Dural Sinus Thrombosis (ISCVT),” Stroke, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 664–670, 2004.
- J. M. Coutinho, J. M. Ferro, P. Canhão et al., “Cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis in women,” Stroke, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 2356–2361, 2009.
- B. Schaller and R. Graf, “Cerebral venous infarction: the pathophysiological concept,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 179–188, 2004.
- V. Biousse, A. Ameri, and M. G. Bousser, “Isolated intracranial hypertension as the only sign of cerebral venous thrombosis,” Neurology, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 1537–1542, 1999.
- J. Stam, “Thrombosis of the cerebral veins and sinuses,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 352, no. 17, pp. 1791–1798, 2005.
- S. Pérez, I. Casado, I. García, M. Gómez, J. M. Ramirez, and E. Luengo, “Infarto hemorrágico por trombosis del seno transversocomo complicación de la cirrosis,” Revista de Neurología, vol. 29, pp. 1355–1356, 1999.
- M. R. Bucens, G. R. Pietroboni, and G. B. Harnett, “False positive results occurring in a radioimmunoassay for hepatitis A IgM antibody of the IgM class,” Journal of Virological Methods, vol. 7, no. 5-6, pp. 287–295, 1983.
- J. H. Hoofnagle and A. M. Di Bisceglie, “Serologic diagnosis of acute and chronic viral hepatitis,” Seminars in Liver Disease, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 73–83, 1991.
- W. M. Lednar, S. M. Lemon, J. W. Kirkpatrick, R. R. Redfield, M. L. Fields, and P. W. Kelley, “Frequency of illness associated with epidemic hepatitis A virus infections in adults,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 226–233, 1985.
- R. M. Taylor, T. Davern, S. Munoz et al., “Fulminant hepatitis A virus infection in the United States: incidence, prognosis, and outcomes,” Hepatology, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1589–1597, 2006.
- S. Kojan and M. Al-Jumah, “Infection related cerebral venous thrombosis,” Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 494–497, 2006.
- C. Heller, A. Heinecke, R. Junker et al., “Cerebral venous thrombosis in children: a multifactorial origin,” Circulation, vol. 108, no. 11, pp. 1362–1367, 2003.
- G. Sébire, B. Tabarki, D. E. Saunders et al., “Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis in children: risk factors, presentation, diagnosis and outcome,” Brain, vol. 128, no. 3, pp. 477–489, 2005.
- A. Nadir, A. Amin, N. Chalisa, and D. H. van Thiel, “Retinal vein thrombosis associated with chronic hepatitis C: a case series and review of the literature,” Journal of Viral Hepatitis, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 466–470, 2000.
- M. Dan and R. Yaniv, “Cholestatic hepatitis, cutaneous vasculitis, and vascular deposits of immunoglobulin M and complement associated with hepatitis A virus infection,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 103–104, 1990.