- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Neurological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 345830, 4 pages
Role of Adjuvant Radiosurgery after Thoracoscopic Microsurgical Resection of a Spinal Schwannoma
Department of Neurosurgery, Clinical Neurosciences Center, University of Utah, 175 N. Medical Drive East, Salt Lake City,
UT 84132, USA
Received 29 March 2012; Accepted 21 June 2012
Academic Editors: T. K. Banerjee, A. Fasano, J. L. González-Gutiérrez, Y. Iwadate, Z. Siddiqi, and M. Swash
Copyright © 2012 Toba N. Niazi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. D. Chang and J. R. Adler Jr., “Current status and optimal use of radiosurgery,” Oncology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 209–216, 2001.
- A. Christopoulou, S. Retsas, D. Kingsley, I. Paddick, and C. Lindquist, “Integration of gamma knife surgery in the management of cerebral metastases from melanoma,” Melanoma Research, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 51–57, 2006.
- J. C. Flickinger, D. Kondziolka, L. D. Lunsford et al., “A multi-institutional experience with stereotactic radiosurgery for solitary brain metastasis,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 797–802, 1994.
- D. Kondziolka, R. Madhok, L. D. Lunsford et al., “Stereotactic radiosurgery for convexity meningiomas: clinical article,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 458–463, 2009.
- I. Zachenhofer, S. Wolfsberger, M. Aichholzer et al., “Gamma-knife radiosurgery for cranial base meningiomas: experience of tumor control, clinical course, and morbidity in a follow-up of more than 8 years,” Neurosurgery, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 28–36, 2006.
- C. A. Dickman and R. I. Apfelbaum, “Thoracoscopic microsurgical excision of a thoracic schwannoma,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 88, no. 5, pp. 898–902, 1998.
- P. Kan and M. H. Schmidt, “Minimally invasive thoracoscopic resection of paraspinal neurogenic tumors: technical case report,” Neurosurgery, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. ONSE54–ONSE54, 2008.
- P. C. Gerszten, C. Ozhasoglu, S. A. Burton et al., “CyberKnife frameless single-fraction stereotactic radiosurgery for benign tumors of the spine,” Neurosurgical Focus, vol. 14, no. 5, article e16, 2003.
- S. I. Ryu, S. D. Chang, D. H. Kim et al., “Image-guided hypo-fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery to spinal lesions,” Neurosurgery, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 838–846, 2001.
- R. L. Dodd, M. R. Ryu, P. Kamnerdsupaphon, I. C. Gibbs, S. D. Chang, and J. R. Adler, “CyberKnife radiosurgery for benign intradural extramedullary spinal tumors,” Neurosurgery, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 674–685, 2006.
- P. C. Gerszten, S. A. Burton, C. Ozhasoglu, K. J. McCue, and A. E. Quinn, “Radiosurgery for benign intradural spinal tumors,” Neurosurgery, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 887–895, 2008.
- U. K. Chang, C. H. Rhee, S. M. Youn, D. H. Lee, and S. Q. Park, “Radiosurgery using the Cyberknife for benign spinal tumors: Korea Cancer Center Hospital experience,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 91–99, 2011.
- J. A. Murovic, I. C. Gibbs, S. D. Chang, B. C. Mobley, J. Park, and J. R. Adler, “Foraminal nerve sheath tumors: intermediate follow-up after CyberKnife radiosurgery,” Neurosurgery, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. A33–A43, 2009.
- M. T. Selch, K. Lin, N. Agazaryan et al., “Initial clinical experience with image-guided linear accelerator-based spinal radiosurgery for treatment of benign nerve sheath tumors,” Surgical Neurology, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 668–674, 2009.