- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Neurological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 674981, 3 pages
Familial Bell’s Palsy: A Case Report and Literature Review
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Received 29 April 2012; Accepted 9 July 2012
Academic Editors: J. C. Kattah, V. Rajajee, and Y. Wakabayashi
Copyright © 2012 Mark Kubik et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. A. Hauser, W. E. Karnes, J. Annis, and L. T. Kurland, “Incidence and prognosis of Bell's palsy in the population of Rochester, Minnesota,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 258–264, 1971.
- K. K. Adour, F. M. Byl, R. L. Hilsinger, Z. M. Kahn, and M. I. Sheldon, “The true nature of Bell's palsy: analysis of 1,000 consecutive patients,” Laryngoscope, vol. 88, no. 5, pp. 787–801, 1978.
- N. J. Holland and G. M. Winer, “Recent developments in Bell's palsy,” British Medical Journal, vol. 329, p. 553, 2004.
- F. Döner and S. Kutluhan, “Familial idiopathic facial palsy,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 257, no. 3, pp. 117–119, 2000.
- D. P. McCormick, “Herpes-simplex virus as a cause of Bell's palsy,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 7757, pp. 937–939, 1972.
- Y. Matsumoto, J. L. Pulec, M. J. Patterson, and N. Yanagihara, “Facial nerve biopsy for etiologic clarification of Bell's palsy,” The Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology Supplement, vol. 137, pp. 22–27, 1988.
- J. W. Willbrand, J. D. Blumhagen, and M. May, “Inherited Bell's palsy,” Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 343–346, 1974.
- R. Amit, “Familial juvenile onset of Bell's palsy,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 146, no. 6, pp. 608–609, 1987.
- N. Yanagihara, E. Yumoto, and T. Shibahara, “Familial Bell's palsy: analysis of 25 families,” Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, vol. 97, no. 6, pp. 8–10, 1988.
- P. Bumm, E. Muller, U. Grimm-Muller, and G. Schlimok, “T-lymphocyte subpopulations and HLA-DR antigens in patients with hearing loss, neuronitis vestibularis, Meniere's disease and Bell's palsy,” Laryngo-Rhino-Otologie, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 260–266, 1991.
- T. Shibahara, H. Okamura, and N. Yanagihara, “Human leukocyte antigens in Bell's palsy,” Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, vol. 97, no. 6, pp. 11–13, 1988.
- M. S. Schwartz, J. L. Tiwari, and D. H. Rice, “Bell's palsy and HLA-DR. A possible association,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 112, no. 7, pp. 753–754, 1986.
- G. Kefalidis, M. Riga, P. Argyropoulou et al., “Is the width of the labyrinthine portion of the fallopian tube implicated in the pathophysiology of Bell's palsy?: a prospective clinical study using computed tomography,” The Laryngoscope, vol. 120, no. 6, pp. 1203–1207, 2010.
- T. Ekstrand, S. Ericson, B. Liliequist, and A. Wiberg, “Tomographic examination of the vertical part of the facial canal in cases of Bell's palsy,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 78, no. 5-6, pp. 423–431, 1974.