- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Neurological Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 356526, 5 pages
De Novo Glioblastoma in the Territory of a Prior Middle Cerebral Artery Infarct
1Department of Neurological Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Neurological Institute of New York, Columbia University, 710 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
2Department of Pathology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1130 St. Nicholas Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA
Received 22 July 2013; Accepted 11 September 2013
Academic Editors: D. B. Fee, H. Ikeda, and M. Swash
Copyright © 2013 Teresa J. Wojtasiewicz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. K. Moorthy and V. Rajshekhar, “Development of glioblastoma multiforme following traumatic cerebral contusion: case report and review of literature,” Surgical Neurology, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 180–184, 2004.
- S. Ohba, K. Shimizu, S. Shibao et al., “A glioblastoma arising from the attached region where a meningioma had been totally removed,” Neuropathology, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 606–611, 2011.
- M. Sabel, J. Felsberg, M. Messing-Jünger, E. Neuen-Jacob, and J. Piek, “Glioblastoma multiforme at the site of metal splinter injury: a coincidence? Case report,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 91, no. 6, pp. 1041–1044, 1999.
- J. Schwartzbaum, F. Jonsson, A. Ahlbom et al., “Prior hospitalization for epilepsy, diabetes, and stroke and subsequent glioma and meningioma risk,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 643–650, 2005.
- A. López-González, I. Galeano, A. Gutiérrez, R. Giner, J. A. Álvarez-Garijo, and J. Cabanes, “Association between cerebral infarction and malignant glioma,” Revista de Neurologia, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 34–37, 2005.
- H. Oyama, Y. Ando, S. Aoki et al., “Glioblastoma detected at the initial stage in its developmental process,” Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 414–417, 2010.
- N. Aoki, T. Sakai, A. Oikawa, T. Takizawa, and M. Koike, “Dissection of the middle cerebral artery caused by invasion of malignant glioma presenting as acute onset of hemiplegia,” Acta Neurochirurgica, vol. 141, no. 9, pp. 1005–1008, 1999.
- M. V. Sofroniew, “Molecular dissection of reactive astrogliosis and glial scar formation,” Trends in Neurosciences, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 638–647, 2009.
- K. S. Panickar and M. D. Noremberg, “Astrocytes in cerebral ischemic injury: morphological and general considerations,” Glia, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 287–298, 2005.
- P. Canoll and J. E. Goldman, “The interface between glial progenitors and gliomas,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 116, no. 5, pp. 465–477, 2008.
- A. Buffo, I. Rite, P. Tripathi et al., “Origin and progeny of reactive gliosis: a source of multipotent cells in the injured brain,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 105, no. 9, pp. 3581–3586, 2008.
- C. Nygren, J. Adami, W. Ye et al., “Primary brain tumors following traumatic brain injury—a population-based cohort study in Sweden,” Cancer Causes and Control, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 733–737, 2001.
- M. Verma and H. Ohgaki, Epidemiology of Brain Tumors. Cancer Epidemiology, Humana Press, 2009.
- F.-E. de Leeuw, J. C. de Groot, E. Achten et al., “Prevalence of cerebral white matter lesions in elderly people: a population based magnetic resonance imaging study. The Rotterdam Scan Study,” Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 9–14, 2001.
- S. E. Vermeer, P. J. Koudstaal, M. Oudkerk, A. Hofman, and M. M. B. Breteler, “Prevalence and risk factors of silent brain infarcts in the population-based Rotterdam scan study,” Stroke, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 21–25, 2002.
- D. Nakayama, T. Matsuyama, H. Ishibashi-Ueda et al., “Injury-induced neural stem/progenitor cells in post-stroke human cerebral cortex,” European Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 90–98, 2010.
- R. L. Zhang, Z. G. Zhang, and M. Chopp, “Ischemic stroke and neurogenesis in the subventricular zone,” Neuropharmacology, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 345–352, 2008.
- M. Salvati, E. Caroli, G. Rocchi, A. Frati, C. Brogna, and E. R. Orlando, “Post-traumatic glioma. Report of four cases and review of the literature,” Tumori, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 416–419, 2004.
- R. Stendel, A. Théallier-Jankó, T. Höll, and M. Brock, “The relationship between cortical injury and brain tumour. Report of two cases and review of the literature,” Acta Neurochirurgica, vol. 139, no. 3, pp. 208–214, 1997.