- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 173097, 4 pages
Spontaneous Severe Haemoperitoneum in the Third Trimester Leading to Intrauterine Death: Case Report
1Keele University Medical School, Keele ST5 5 BG, UK
2University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust, Stoke on Trent ST4 6QG, UK
Received 7 June 2011; Accepted 7 July 2011
Academic Editor: E. Murta
Copyright © 2011 Harriet Williamson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Foley, J. D. Sonek, L. M. Lavender, and F. P. Zuspan, “Spontaneous rupture of uteroovarian veins in pregnancy: two case reports,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 156, no. 4, pp. 962–964, 1987.
- K. A. Ginsburg, C. Valdes, and G. Schinder, “Spontaneous uteroovarian rupture during pregnancy: three case reports and a review of literature,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 69, pp. 474–476, 1987.
- C. P. Hodgkinson and R. S. Christiansen, “Haemorrhage from ruptured utero-ovarian veins during pregnancy,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 59, pp. 112–116, 1950.
- I. A. Brosens, P. De Sutter, T. Hamerlynck et al., “Endometriosis is associated with a decreased risk of pre-eclampsia,” Human Reproduction, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1725–1729, 2007.
- Y. Mizumoto, K. Furuya, Y. Kikuchi et al., “Spontaneous rupture of the uterine vessels in a pregnancy complicated by endometriosis,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 75, no. 9, pp. 860–862, 1996.
- F. Parazzini, L. Luchini, F. Vezzoli et al., “Prevalence and anatomical distribution of endometriosis in women with selected gynaecological conditions: results from a multicentric Italian study,” Human Reproduction, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1158–1162, 1994.
- T. Inoue, T. Moriwaki, and I. Niki, “Endometriosis and spontaneous rupture of utero-ovarian vessels during pregnancy,” Lancet, vol. 340, no. 8813, pp. 240–241, 1992.
- J. J. Brosens and B. Gellersen, “Death or survival—progesterone-dependent cell fate decisions in the human endometrial stroma,” Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 389–398, 2006.