- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 137861, 4 pages
Management of a Pregnancy Complicated by Pompe Disease
1Division of Clinical and Biochemical Genetics, Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Indiana University School of Medicine, 975 West Walnut Street, IB 130, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
2Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 975 West Walnut Street, IB 130, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
3Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 975 West Walnut Street, IB 130, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Received 18 October 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editors: J. C. Canterino, T. Guvenal, H.-C. Lai, A. Ohkuchi, and S. Rasmussen
Copyright © 2012 Jennifer Weida et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. T. van der Ploeg and A. J. Reuser, “Pompe's disease,” The Lancet, vol. 372, no. 9646, pp. 1342–1353, 2008.
- A. Toscano and B. Schoser, “Enzyme replacement therapy in late-onset Pompe disease: a systematic literature review,” Journal of Neurology. In press.
- F. Martiniuk, A. Chen, A. Mack et al., “Carrier frequency for glycogen storage disease type II in New York and estimates of affected individuals born with the disease,” American Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 69–72, 1998.
- B. Tinkle and N. Leslie, GeneReviews at GeneTests Medical Genetics Information Resource (Database Online), University of Washington, Seattle, Wash, USA, 2012, http://www.genetests.org.
- Lumizyme [Package Insert], Genzyme Corporation, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2010.
- N. A. M. E. van der Beek, C. I. van Capelle, K. I. van der Velden-van Etten et al., “Rate of progression and predictive factors for pulmonary outcome in children and adults with Pompe disease,” Molecular Genetics and Metabolism, vol. 104, no. 1-2, pp. 129–136, 2011.
- M. Mehler and S. DiMauro, “Residual acid maltase activity in late onset acid maltase deficiency,” Neurology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 178–184, 1977.
- C. M. Quinzii, S. DiMauro, and M. Hirano, “Human coenzyme Q10 deficiency,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 32, no. 4-5, pp. 723–727, 2007.
- A. Jeukendrup and R. Randell, “Fat burners: nutrition supplements that increase fat metabolism,” Obesity Research, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 841–851, 2011.
- J. de Vries, J. Brugma, L. Özkan, E. Steegers, A. Reuser, P. van Doorn, et al., “First experience with enzyme replacement therapy during pregnancy and lactation in Pompe disease,” Molecular Genetics and Metabolism, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 552–555, 2011.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, “ACOG Committee Opinion number 315, September 2005. Obesity in pregnancy,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 671–653, 2005.
- R. Nussbaum, R. McInnes, and H. Willard, Thompson and Thompson Genetics in Medicine, Saunders, Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 7th edition, 2007.