- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 253152, 3 pages
Steroid Cell Ovarian Neoplasm, Not Otherwise Specified: A Case Report and Review of the Literature
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
2Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, TX 76104, USA
3Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, TX 76104, USA
Received 18 August 2012; Accepted 11 September 2012
Academic Editors: P. De Franciscis and E. Shalev
Copyright © 2012 Paul Singh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. H. Wang, H. T. Chao, R. C. Lee et al., “Steroid cell tumors of the ovary: clinical, ultrasonic, and MRI diagnosis,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 269–273, 1998.
- A. X. Liu, J. Sun, W. Q. Shao, H. M. Jin, and W. Q. Song, “Steroid cell tumors, not otherwise specified (NOS), in an accessory ovary: a case report and literature review,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 260–262, 2005.
- V. Grover and A. Babu, “Hilar leydig cell tumor presenting as hirsutism in a 51-year-old woman,” Hospital Physician, vol. 43, pp. 33–38, 2007.
- M. Dumić, V. Šimunić, J. Ilić-Forko et al., “Extraovarian steroid cell tumor 'not otherwise specified' as a rare cause of virilization in twelve-year-old girl,” Hormone Research, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 254–257, 2001.
- M. C. Hayes and R. E. Scully, “Ovarian steroid cell tumors (not otherwise specified). A clinicopathological analysis of 63 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 835–845, 1987.
- A. Chalvardjian and C. Derzko, “Gynandroblastoma. Its ultrastructure,” Cancer, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 710–721, 1982.
- H. C. Taylor, I. Pillay, and S. Setrakian, “Diffuse stromal Leydig cell hyperplasia: a unique cause of postmenopausal hyperandrogenism and virilization,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 288–292, 2000.
- T. J. Duncan, S. Lee, A. G. Acheson, and R. H. Hammond, “An ovarian stromal tumor with luteinized cells: an unusual recurrence of an unusual tumor,” International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 172–175, 2008.