- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 727146, 3 pages
Genitourinary Tuberculosis: An Atypical Clinical Presentation
1Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Pusat Perubatan UKM, Jalan Yaakob Latif, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, 30990 Ipoh, Malaysia
Received 16 October 2012; Accepted 2 December 2012
Academic Editors: S. E. Msuya, S. Salhan, and I. M. Usta
Copyright © 2012 Pei Shan Lim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Academy of Medicine & Ministry of Health Malaysia, “Clinical Practice Guidelines: Control and management of tuberculosis,” 2nd edition, 2002, http://www.acadmed.org.my/index.cfm?&menuid=67#Infections_Disease.
- N. Aka and E. Z. T. Vural, “Evaluation of patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis for genital involvement,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 337–340, 1997.
- A. Seth, M. Kudesia, K. Gupta, L. Pant, and A. Mathur, “Cytodiagnosis and pitfalls of genital tuberculosis: a report of two cases,” Journal of Cytology, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 141–143, 2011.
- B. Namavar Jahromi, M. E. Parsanezhad, and R. Ghane-Shirazi, “Female genital tuberculosis and infertility,” International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 269–272, 2001.
- D. K. Gatongi, G. Gitau, V. Kay, S. Ngwenya, C. Lafong, and A. Hasan, “Female genital tuberculosis,” The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 75–79, 2005.
- A. M. Sutheland, “Gynaecological tuberculosis, past, present and future,” Archiv Für Gynäkologie, vol. 218, no. 4, pp. 261–268, 1975.
- M. J. Richards and D. Angus, “Possible sexual transmission of genitourinary tuberculosis,” The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, vol. 2, no. 5, p. 439, 1998.
- R. Gupta, P. Dey, V. Jain, and N. Gupta, “Cervical tuberculosis detection in Papanicolaou-stained smear: case report with review of literature,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 592–595, 2009.
- H. Lamba, M. Byrne, R. Goldin, and C. Jenkins, “Tuberculosis of the cervix: case presentation and a review of the literature,” Sexually Transmitted Infections, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 62–63, 2002.
- I. M. Usta, I. W. Uthman, M. Kattar, and A. H. Nassar, “Rheumatoid granuloma of the cervix and vagina: a challenging diagnosis and treatment,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 501–503, 2010.
- T. Gurgan and A. Demirol, “Tuberculosis in assisted reproduction and infertility,” International Congress Series, vol. 1266, pp. 287–294, 2004.