- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 748614, 3 pages
A Rare Case of Antepartum Spontaneous Septostomy in a Monochorionic Diamniotic Twin Pregnancy
1Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Foothills Medical Center, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 2T9
2Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Foothills Medical Center, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 2T9
Received 17 June 2012; Accepted 26 August 2012
Academic Editors: P. McGovern and E. Vaisbuch
Copyright © 2012 Rati Chadha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. R. Carr, M. P. Aronson, and D. R. Coustan, “Survival rates of monoamniotic twins do not decrease after 30 weeks' gestation,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 163, no. 3, pp. 719–722, 1990.
- D. Shveiky, Y. Ezra, J. G. Schenker, and N. Rojansky, “Monoamniotic twins: an update on antenatal diagnosis and treatment,” Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 180–186, 2004.
- C. Y. Lee, “Management of amniotic monamniotic twins diagnosed antenatally by ultrasound,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 6, pp. 25–30, 1992.
- R. H. Chmait, P. Aghajanian, E. V. Kontopoulos, and R. A. Quintero, “Prenatal diagnosis of spontaneous septostomy of the dividing membranes in complicated monochorionic diamniotic multiple gestations,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 663–668, 2009.
- F. K. Nasrallah and Y. A. Faden, “Antepartum rupture of the intertwin-dividing membrane in monochorionic diamniotic twins: a case report and review of the literature,” Prenatal Diagnosis, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 856–860, 2005.
- C. López Ramón Y Cajal and R. Ocampo Martínez, “Prenatal diagnosis of true knot of the umbilical cord,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 99–100, 2004.
- W. M. Gilbert, S. E. Davis, C. Kaplan, D. Pretorius, T. A. Merritt, and K. Benirschke, “Morbidity associated with prenatal disruption of the dividing membrane in twin gestations,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 623–630, 1991.
- K. Benirschke and P. Kaufmann, The Pathology of the Human Placenta, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1990.
- C. Jeanty, E. Newman, P. Jeanty, and S. Rodts-Palenik, “Prenatal diagnosis of spontaneous septostomy in dichorionic diamniotic twins and review of the literature,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 455–463, 2010.
- H. G. Krause and J. T. W. Goh, “Cord entanglement in monochorionic diamniotic twins,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 341–342, 1998.