- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 934571, 4 pages
Accurate Preoperative Diagnosis of Ovarian Pregnancy with Transvaginal Scan
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mount Sinai Hospital, 1500 S California Avenue, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
2Department of Ultrasound, Mount Sinai Hospital, 1500 S California Avenue, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
3Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Hospital, 1500 S California Avenue, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Received 23 August 2012; Accepted 15 September 2012
Academic Editors: S. Z. A. Badawy and M. Morikawa
Copyright © 2012 Natasha Gupta et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. Spiegelberg, “Zur casuistic der ovarial Schwangerschft,” Archiv für Gynaekologie, vol. 13, pp. 73–76, 1873.
- H. G. Grimes, R. A. Nosal, and J. C. Gallagher, “Ovarian pregnancy: a series of 24 cases,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 174–180, 1983.
- D. Riethmuller, J. L. Sautiere, S. Benoit, P. Roth, J. P. Schaal, and R. Maillet, “Ultrasonic diagnosis and laparoscopic treatment of an ovarian pregnancy. A case report and review of the literature,” Journal de Gynecologie, Obstetrique et Biologie de la Reproduction, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 378–383, 1996.
- Y. J. Koo, H. J. Choi, K. S. Im, H. J. Jung, and Y. S. Kwon, “Pregnancy outcomes after surgical treatment of ovarian pregnancy,” International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 97–100, 2011.
- J. Einenkel, D. Baier, L. C. Horn, and H. Alexander, “Laparoscopic therapy of an intact primary ovarian pregnancy with ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome,” Human Reproduction, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2037–2040, 2000.
- C. Comstock, K. Huston, and W. Lee, “The ultrasonographic appearance of ovarian ectopic pregnancies,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 42–45, 2005.
- O. Nwanodi and N. Khulpateea, “The preoperative diagnosis of primary ovarian pregnancy,” Journal of the National Medical Association, vol. 98, no. 5, pp. 796–798, 2006.
- Y. Patel, S. Z. Wanyonyi, and F. S. Rana, “Laparoscopic management of an ovarian ectopic pregnancy: case report,” East African Medical Journal, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 201–204, 2008.
- J. Hallat, “Primary ovarian pregnancy. A report of twenty-five cases,” American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 143, pp. 50–60, 1982.
- F. W. Chang, C. H. Chen, and J. Y. Liu, “Early diagnosis of ovarian pregnancy by ultrasound,” International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 186–187, 2004.
- H. Marret, S. Hamamah, A. M. Alonso, and F. Pierre, “Case report and review of the literature: primary twin ovarian pregnancy,” Human Reproduction, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1813–1815, 1997.
- M. Kudo, T. Tanaka, and S. Fujimoto, “A successful treatment of left ovarian pregnancy with methotrexate,” Acta Obstetrica et Gynaecologica Japonica, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 811–813, 1988.
- S. Mittal, V. Dadhwal, and P. Baurasi, “Successful medical management of ovarian pregnancy,” International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 309–310, 2003.
- H. J. Choi, K. S. Im, H. J. Jung, K. T. Lim, J. E. Mok, and Y. S. Kwon, “Clinical Analysis of ovarian pregnancy: a report of 49 cases,” European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. 87–89, 2011.