- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 951480, 3 pages
Sudden Death of a Pregnant Woman in Third Trimester with No Risk Factor
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Celal Bayar University, 45030 Manisa, Turkey
2Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Celal Bayar University, 45030 Manisa, Turkey
3Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Celal Bayar University, 45030 Manisa, Turkey
Received 20 September 2012; Accepted 7 October 2012
Academic Editors: V. Dandolu, Y. Purwosunu, and E. Shalev
Copyright © 2012 Asli Goker et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Lewis, “Saving Mothers’ Lives: reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer 2003–2005,” the Seventh Report of the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom, CEMACH, 2007.
- G. Ramsay, M. Paglia, and G. Bourjeily, “When the heart stops: a review of cardiac arrest in pregnancy,” Journal of Intensive Care Medicine. In press.
- E. C. M. Nelissen, C. de Zwaan, M. A. E. Marcus, and J. G. Nijhuis, “Maternal cardiac arrest in early pregnancy,” International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 60–63, 2009.
- A. H. James, M. G. Jamison, M. S. Biswas, L. R. Brancazio, G. K. Swamy, and E. R. Myers, “Acute myocardial infarction in pregnancy: a United States population-based study,” Circulation, vol. 113, no. 12, pp. 1564–1571, 2006.
- C. L. S. Koh, O. A. C. Viegas, R. Yuen, S. E. Chua, B. L. Ng, and S. S. Ratnam, “Plasminogen activators and inhibitors in normal late pregnancy, postpartum and in the postnatal period,” International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 9–18, 1992.
- E. Badui and R. Enciso, “Acute myocardial infarction during pregnancy and puerperium review,” Angiology, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 739–756, 1996.
- A. Roth and U. Elkayam, “Acute myocardial infarction associated with pregnancy,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 125, no. 9, pp. 751–762, 1996.
- A. D. Moore and J. Hill, “Myocardial infarction and pregnancy: a case report,” American Association of Nurse Anesthetists Journal, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 32–36, 2012.
- L. Kinney-Ham, H. B. Nguyen, R. Steele, and E. L. Walters, “Acute aortic dissection in third trimester pregnancy without risk factors,” Western Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 571–574, 2011.
- C. W. Sung, J. H. Jung, S. H. Lee et al., “Acute myocardial infarction due to vasospasm induced by prostaglandin,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. e359–e360, 2009.
- A. Fabre and M. N. Sheppard, “Sudden adult death syndrome and other non-ischaemic causes of sudden cardiac death,” Heart, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 316–320, 2006.
- T. J. Bowker, D. A. Wood, M. J. Davies et al., “Sudden, unexpected cardiac or unexplained death in England: a national survey,” QJM, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 269–279, 2003.
- Q. Warraich and U. Esen, “Perimortem caesarean section,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 690–693, 2009.
- J. H. McClure, G. M. Cooper, and T. H. Clutton-Brock, “Saving mothers' lives: reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer: 20068: a review,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 127–132, 2011.
- C. F. la Chapelle, J. M. Schutte, N. W. Schuitemaker, E. A. Steegers, and J. van Roosmalen, “Dutch maternal mortality committee. Maternal mortality attributable to vascular dissection and rupture in The Netherlands: a nationwide confidential enquiry,” British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 86–93, 2012.