- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 961087, 5 pages
A Case of Early-Stage Ovarian Carcinoid Tumor Metastasized to the Liver
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo-cho, Nara, Kashihara 634-8522, Japan
Received 3 November 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editors: K. Dafopoulos and M. Sonmezer
Copyright © 2012 Seiji Kanayama et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. G. Robertson, W. J. Geiger, and N. B. Davis, “Carcinoid tumors,” American Family Physician, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 429–434, 2006.
- A. Talerman, “Germ cell tumors of the ovary,” Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 44–47, 1997.
- S. J. Robboy, H. J. Norris, and R. E. Scully, “Insular carcinoid primary in the ovary. A clinicopathologic analysis of 48 cases,” Cancer, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 404–418, 1975.
- K. P. Davis, L. K. Hartmann, G. L. Keeney, and H. Shapiro, “Primary ovarian carcinoid tumors,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 259–265, 1996.
- E. K. Outwater, B. J. Wagner, C. Mannion, J. K. McLarney, and B. Kim, “From the Archives of the AFIP: sex cord-stromal and steroid cell tumors of the ovary,” Radiographics, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1523–1546, 1998.
- R. E. Scully, “Hormonally active ovarian tumors,” Verhandlungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Pathologie, vol. 81, pp. 245–252, 1997.
- R. H. Young, “New and unusual aspects of ovarian germ cell tumors,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1210–1224, 1993.
- S. J. Robboy and R. E. Scully, “Strumal carcinoid of the ovary: an analysis of 50 cases of a distinctive tumor composed of thyroid tissue and carcinoid,” Cancer, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 2019–2034, 1980.
- N. Utsumi, T. Hayasaka, and T. Motoyama, “Ovarian carcinoid exhibiting double function,” Pathology International, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 191–194, 2003.
- J. L. Rutgers and R. E. Scully, “Functioning ovarian tumors with peripheral steroid cell proliferation: a report of twenty-four cases,” International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 319–337, 1986.
- Y. O. Tanaka, Y. Ide, M. Nishida et al., “Ovarian tumor with functioning stroma,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 193–197, 2002.
- A. T. Porter and M. J. Ostrowski, “Successful treatment of malignant carcinoid tumour with intravenous Cis-Platinum,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 703–704, 1988.
- P. F. Timmins, D. Y. S. Kuo, P. S. Anderson, A. L. Fields, K. D. Whitney, and G. L. Goldberg, “Ovarian carcinoid: management of primary and recurrent tumors,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 112–114, 2000.
- C. D. Knox, I. D. Feurer, P. E. Wise, et al., “Survival and functional quality of life after resection forhepatic carcinoid metastasis,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 653–659, 2004.
- R. Gedaly, H. Jeon, T. D. Johnston, P. P. McHugh, R. G. Rowland, and D. Ranjan, “Surgical treatment of a rare primary renal carcinoid tumor with liver metastasis,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 6, article no. 41, 2008.
- C. S. Landry, C. R. Scoggins, K. M. Mcmasters, and R. C. G. Martin, “Management of hepatic metastasis of gastrointestinal carcinoid tumors,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 253–258, 2008.
- D. A. Osborne, E. E. Zervos, J. Strosberg et al., “Improved outcome with cytoreduction versus embolization for symptomatic hepatic metastases of carcinoid and neuroendocrine tumors,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 572–581, 2006.
- S. Gupta, J. C. Yao, K. Ahrar et al., “Hepatic artery embolization and chemoembolization for treatment of patients with metastatic carcinoid tumors: the M.D. Anderson experience,” Cancer Journal, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 261–267, 2003.
- J. R. Strosberg, J. Choi, A. B. Cantor, and L. K. Kvols, “Selective hepatic artery embolization for treatment of patients with metastatic carcinoid and pancreatic endocrine tumors,” Cancer Control, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 72–78, 2006.