- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 285846, 4 pages
Massive Secondary Postpartum Hemorrhage with Uterine Artery Pseudoaneurysm after Cesarean Section
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Bornova, 35100 İzmir, Turkey
Received 22 February 2013; Accepted 17 March 2013
Academic Editors: G. Capobianco, M. Geary, and L. Sentilhes
Copyright © 2013 Ahmet Ozgur Yeniel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Descargues, F. Douvrin, A. Gravier, J. P. Lemoine, L. Marpeau, and E. Clavier, “False aneurysm of the uterine pedicle: an uncommon cause of post-partum haemorrhage after caesarean section treated with selective arterial embolization,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 26–29, 2001.
- D. E. Eason and R. A. Tank, “Avoidable morbidity in a patient with pseudoaneurysm of the uterine artery after cesarean section,” Journal of Clinical Ultrasound, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 407–411, 2006.
- ACOG Practice Bulletin, “Clinical Management Guidelines for Obstetrician-Gynecologists Number 76, October 2006: Postpartum hemorrhage,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 108, p. 1039, 2006.
- G. W. Webber, J. Jang, S. Gustavson, and J. W. Olin, “Contemporary management of postcatheterization pseudoaneurysms,” Circulation, vol. 115, no. 20, pp. 2666–2674, 2007.
- J. H. Kwon and G. S. Kim, “Obstetric iatrogenic arterial injuries of the uterus: diagnosis with US and treatment with transcatheter arterial embolization,” Radiographics, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 35–46, 2002.
- T. Kuwata, S. Matsubara, Y. Kaneko, A. Izumi, M. Nakata, and M. Suzuki, “Asymptomatic uterine artery pseudoaneurysm after cesarean section,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 405–410, 2010.
- D. A. Wald, “Postpartum hemorrhage resulting from uterine artery pseudoaneurysm,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 57–60, 2003.
- S. Y. Yun, D. H. Lee, K. H. Cho, H. M. Lee, and Y. H. Choi, “Delayed postpartum hemorrhage resulting from uterine artery pseudoaneurysm rupture,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 42, p. 11, 2012.
- T. Y. Khong and T. K. Khong, “Delayed postpartum hemorrhage: a morphologic study of causes and their relation to other pregnancy disorders,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 1993.
- N. Butori, L. Coulange, L. Filipuzzi, D. Krausé, and R. Loffroy, “Pseudoaneurysm of the uterine artery after cesarean delivery: management with superselective arterial embolization,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 540–543, 2009.
- P. Polat, S. Suma, M. Kantarcý, F. Alper, and A. Levent, “Color Doppler US in the evaluation of uterine vascular abnormalities,” Radiographics, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 47–53, 2002.
- S. Vedantham, S. C. Goodwin, B. McLucas, and G. Mohr, “Uterine artery embolization: an underused method of controlling pelvic hemorrhage,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 176, no. 4, pp. 938–948, 1997.
- C. Alboni, F. Rosati, S. Sansavini et al., “Three-dimensional power Doppler imaging of uterine artery pseudoaneurysm treated unsuccessfully with selective embolization,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 614–616, 2009.
- W. Henrich, I. Fuchs, A. Luttkus, S. Hauptmann, and J. W. Dudenhausen, “Pseudoaneurysm of the uterine artery after cesarean delivery: sonographic diagnosis and treatment,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 1431–1434, 2002.
- S. S. Erickson and B. J. van Voorhis, “Intermenstrual bleeding secondary to cesarean scar diverticuli: report of three cases,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 802–805, 1999.
- T. Baba, M. Morishita, M. Nagata, Y. Yamakawa, and M. Mizunuma, “Delayed postpartum hemorrhage due to cesarean scar dehiscence,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 272, no. 1, pp. 82–83, 2005.
- A. M. Sharma and B. E. Burbridge, “Uterine artery pseudoaneurysm in the setting of delayed postpartum hemorrhage: successful treatment with emergency arterial embolization,” Case Reports in Radiology, vol. 2011, Article ID 373482, 4 pages, 2011.
- M. Kovo, D. J. Behar, V. Friedman, and G. Malinger, “Pelvic arterial pseudoaneurysm—a rare complication of Cesarean section: diagnosis and novel treatment,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 783–785, 2007.