- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 626393, 4 pages
A Case of Colorectal Cancer during Pregnancy: A Brief Review of the Literature
1Research Development Center, Shariati Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P.O. Box 14155-6447, Tehran, Iran
2Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Received 19 October 2012; Accepted 27 December 2012
Academic Editors: E. C. Nwosu, O. Picone, and K. Takeuchi
Copyright © 2013 Sepideh Khodaverdi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Girard, J. Lamarche, and R. Baillot, “Carcinoma of the colon associated with pregnancy: report of a case,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 473–475, 1981.
- G. Chêne, A. S. Tardieu, A. Favard, A. Lebel, and M. Voitellier, “Colorectal cancer discovered during pregnancy,” Journal de Gynecologie Obstetrique et Biologie de la Reproduction, vol. 35, no. 5, part 1, pp. 504–512, 2006.
- S. Kömürcü, A. Ozet, B. Oztürk, F. Arpaci, M. K. Altundağ, and Y. Tezcan, “Colon cancer during pregnancy. A case report,” The Journal of Reproductive Medicine, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 75–78, 2001.
- J. C. Nesbitt, K. J. Moise, and J. L. Sawyers, “Colorectal carcinoma in pregnancy,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 120, no. 5, pp. 636–640, 1985.
- C. Walsh and V. W. Fazio, “Cancer of the colon, rectum, and anus during pregnancy,” Gastroenterology Clinics of North America, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 257–267, 1998.
- S. L. Parker, T. Tong, S. Bolden, and P. A. Wingo, “Cancer statistics, 1997,” Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 5–27, 1997, Erratum, Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 47, pp. 68, 1997.
- D. C. Doll, Q. S. Ringenberg, and J. W. Yarbro, “Managment of cancer during pregancy,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 148, no. 9, pp. 2058–2064, 1988.
- M. Mathonnet and V. Fermeaux, “Colon cancer in pregnancy,” Journal de Chirurgie, vol. 140, no. 4, pp. 221–224, 2003.
- A. Minter, R. Malik, L. Ledbetter, T. S. Winokur, M. T. Hawn, and M. W. Saif, “Colon cancer in pregnancy,” Cancer Control, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 196–202, 2005.
- H. Pigeau, P. F. Dupré, J. Benouna et al., “Management of rectal cancer in pregnant women,” Bulletin du Cancer, vol. 92, no. 11, pp. 953–958, 2005.
- J. Mechery and S. E. Ikhena, “Cancer of the descending colon during pregnancy,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 311–312, 2007.
- M. Harma, M. Harma, and A. Uzunkoy, “Colorectal cancer presenting with uncommon soft tissue invasion during pregnancy,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 84, no. 5, pp. 491–493, 2005.
- M. Chourak, M. H. Tahiri, A. Majbar et al., “Colorectal cancer discovered during pregnancy,” Gastroenterologie Clinique et Biologique, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 1118–1123, 2009.
- G. Colecchia and M. Nardi, “Colorectal cancer in pregnancy. A case report,” Il Giornale di chirurgia, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 159–161, 1999.
- M. A. Bernstein, R. D. Madoff, and P. F. Caushaj, “Colon and rectal cancer in pregnancy,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 172–178, 1993.
- M. S. Cappell, “Gastrointestinal endoscopy in high-risk patients,” Digestive Diseases, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 228–244, 1996.
- R. L. Brent, “The effect of embryonic and fetal exposure to X-ray, microwaves, and ultrasound: counseling the pregnant and nonpregnant patient about these risks,” Seminars in Oncology, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 347–368, 1989.
- C. Nies, R. Leppek, H. Sitter et al., “Prospective evaluation of different diagnostic techniques for the detection of liver metastases at time of primary resection of colorectal carcinoma,” European Journal of Surgery, vol. 162, no. 10, pp. 811–816, 1996.
- D. S. Seidman, Z. Heyman, G. Y. Ben-Ari, S. Mashiach, and G. Barkai, “Use of magnetic resonance imaging in pregnancy to diagnosis intussusception induced by colonic cancer,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 822–823, 1992.
- M. L. Slattery, W. S. Samowitz, and J. A. Holden, “Estrogen and progesterone receptors in colon tumors,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 364–368, 2000.
- S. Singh, M. C. Sheppard, and M. J. S. Langman, “Sex differences in the incidence of colorectal cancer: an exploration of oestrogen and progesterone receptors,” Gut, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 611–615, 1993.
- W. H. Isbister and J. Fraser, “Large-bowel cancer in the young: a national survival study,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 363–366, 1990.
- S. M. Mousavi and M. H. Somi, “Gastric cancer in Iran 1966–2006,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 407–412, 2009.
- R. Malekzadeh, M. H. Derakhshan, and Z. Malekzadeh, “Gastric cancer in Iran: epidemiology and risk factors,” Archives of Iranian Medicine, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 576–583, 2009.
- Y. M. Chan, S. W. Ngai, and T. T. Lao, “Colon cancer in pregnancy: a case report,” Journal of Reproductive Medicine for the Obstetrician and Gynecologist, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 733–736, 1999.