- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 827037, 4 pages
Primary Small Cell Carcinoma of the Vagina
1Research Institute of Oncology (IPON), Discipline of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Federal University of Triângulo Mineiro (UFTM), Avenida Getúlio Guaritá 214, 38025-440 Uberaba, MG, Brazil
2Discipline of Surgical Pathology, Federal University of Triângulo Mineiro (UFTM), Uberaba, MG, Brazil
Received 7 May 2013; Accepted 7 June 2013
Academic Editors: I. MacKenzie, M. A. Osmanagaoglu, and R. Shaco-Levy
Copyright © 2013 Rafael Oliveira et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. A. Peters, N. B. Kumar, and G. W. Morley, “Carcinoma of the vagina. Factors influencing treatment outcome,” Cancer, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 892–897, 1985.
- E. Petru, C. Pasterk, O. Reich, A. Obermair, R. Winter, and G. Breitenecker, “Small-cell carcinoma of the uterus and the vagina: experience with ten patients,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 271, no. 4, pp. 316–319, 2005.
- J. G. Cohen, J. K. Chan, and D. S. Kapp, “The management of small-cell carcinomas of the gynecologic tract,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 572–579, 2012.
- C. J. Prasad, J. A. Ray, and S. Kessler, “Primary small cell carcinoma of the vagina arising in a background of atypical adenosis,” Cancer, vol. 70, no. 10, pp. 2484–2487, 1992.
- J. M. Kaminski, P. R. Anderson, A. C. Han, R. K. Mitra, N. G. Rosenblum, and M. I. Edelson, “Primary small cell carcinoma of the vagina,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 451–455, 2003.
- J. Albores Saavedra, S. Poucell, and H. A. Rodriguez Martinez, “Primary carcinoid of the uterine cervix,” Patologia, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 185–193, 1972.
- R. E. Scully, P. Aguirre, and R. A. DeLellis, “Argyrophilia, serotonin, and peptide hormones in the female genital tract and its tumors,” International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 51–70, 1984.
- H. Elsaleh, S. Bydder, B. Cassidy, and J. Thompson, “Small cell carcinoma of the vagina,” Australasian Radiology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 336–337, 2000.
- Z. Bing, L. Levine, J. A. Lucci, S. S. Hatch, and M. A. Eltorky, “Primary small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the vagina: a clinicopathologic study,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 128, no. 8, pp. 857–862, 2004.
- M. C. Perry, W. L. Eaton, and K. J. Propert, “Chemotherapy with or without radiation therapy in limited small-cell carcinoma of the lung,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 316, no. 15, pp. 912–918, 1987.
- P. A. Bunn Jr., A. S. Lichter, and R. W. Makuch, “Chemotherapy alone or chemotherapy with chest radiation therapy in limited stage small cell lung cancer. A prospective, randomized trial,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 655–662, 1987.
- B. Jeremic, Y. Shibamoto, L. Acimovic, and S. Milisavljevic, “Initial versus delayed accelerated hyperfractionated radiation therapy and concurrent chemotherapy in limited small-cell lung cancer: a randomized study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 893–900, 1997.
- N. Murray, P. Coy, J. L. Pater et al., “Importance of timing for thoracic irradiation in the combined modality treatment of limited-stage small-cell lung cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 336–344, 1993.
- A. T. Turrisi, K. Kim, R. Blum et al., “Twice-daily compared with once-daily thoracic radiotherapy in limited small-cell lung cancer treated concurrently with cisplatin and etoposide,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 340, no. 4, pp. 265–271, 1999.
- R. Mirhashemi, A. Kratz, M. M. Weir, K. L. Molpus, and A. K. Goodman, “Vaginal small cell carcinoma mimicking a Bartholin's gland abscess: a case report,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 297–300, 1998.
- G. J. Gardner, D. Reidy-Lagunes, and P. A. Gehrig, “Neuroendocrine tumors of the gynecologic tract: a Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) clinical document,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 190–198, 2011.