- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Oncological Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 793418, 3 pages
Isolated Uterine Metastasis of Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
1Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Medical Faculty, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
2Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, 34098 Istanbul, Turkey
3Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, 34098 Istanbul, Turkey
4Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Received 13 December 2012; Accepted 20 February 2013
Academic Editors: S. B. Chichareon, C. Gennatas, J. I. Mayordomo, and C. V. Reyes
Copyright © 2013 Deniz Arslan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. B. Kumar and W. R. Hart, “Metastases to the uterine corpus from extragenital cancers. A clinicopathologic study of 63 cases,” Cancer, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 2163–2169, 1982.
- M. T. Mazur, S. Hsueh, and D. J. Gersell, “Metastases to the female genital tract. Analysis of 325 cases,” Cancer, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 1978–1984, 1984.
- J. Lamovec and M. Bracko, “Metastatic pattern of infiltrating lobular carcinoma of the breast: an autopsy study,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 28–33, 1991.
- B. Piura, I. Yanai-Inbar, A. Rabinovich, S. Zalmanov, and J. Goldstein, “Abnormal uterine bleeding as a presenting sign of metastases to the uterine corpus, cervix and vagina in a breast cancer patient on tamoxifen therapy,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 57–61, 1999.
- L. Di Bonito, S. Patriarca, and S. Alberico, “Breast carcinoma metastasizing to the uterus,” European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 211–217, 1985.
- B. B. O. Ustaalioglu, A. Bilici, M. Seker et al., “Metastasis of lobular breast carcinoma to the uterus in a patient under anastrozole therapy,” Onkologie, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 424–426, 2009.
- M. Baum, A. Buzdar, J. Cuzick et al., “Anastrozole alone or in combination with tamoxifen versus tamoxifen alone for adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with early-stage breast cancer: results of the ATAC (Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination) trial efficacy and safety update analyses,” Cancer, vol. 98, no. 9, pp. 1802–1810, 2003.
- S. M. Ismail, “Gynaecological effects of tamoxifen,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 52, pp. 83–88, 1999.
- T. Agorastos, V. Vaitsi, K. Pantazis, E. Efstathiadis, D. Vavilis, and J. N. Bontis, “Aromatase inhibitor anastrozole for treating endometrial hyperplasia in obese postmenopausal women,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 118, no. 2, pp. 239–240, 2005.
- A. F. Burnett, A. Bahador, and C. Amezcua, “Anastrozole, an aromatase inhibitor, and medroxyprogesterone acetate therapy in premenopausal obese women with endometrial cancer: a report of two cases successfully treated without hysterectomy,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 832–834, 2004.
- S. Erkanli, F. Kayaselcuk, E. Kuscu, F. Bolat, H. Sakalli, and A. Haberal, “Lobular carcinoma of the breast metastatic to the uterus in a patient under adjuvant anastrozole therapy,” Breast, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 558–561, 2006.
- M. F. Acikalin, Ü. Öner, B. Tekin, E. Yavuz, and O. Cengiz, “Metastasis from breast carcinoma to a tamoxifen-related endometrial polyp,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 946–948, 2005.
- M. M. Meydanli, N. Karadaǧ, O. Ataoǧlu, and A. Kafkasli, “Uterine metastasis from infiltrating ductal carcinoma of breast in a patient receiving tamoxifen,” Breast, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 353–356, 2002.