- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 209603, 4 pages
Amelanotic Cellular Blue Nevus: An Unusual Iris Localization
1Department of Neurosciences and Sense Organs, University of Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11, 70124 Bari, Italy
2Department of Pathological Anatomy, University of Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11, 70124 Bari, Italy
Received 17 June 2012; Accepted 19 July 2012
Academic Editors: D. Goldblum and D. K. Roberts
Copyright © 2012 Silvana Guerriero et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. A. Phadke and A. Zembowicz, “Blue nevi and related tumors,” Clinics in Laboratory Medicine, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 345–358, 2011.
- V. A. Fitzhugh, K. Houck, and D. S. Heller, “Vaginal blue nevus: report of a case and review of the literature,” Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 325–327, 2011.
- K. Eskue, V. G. Prieto, and A. Malpica, “Cellular blue nevus of the uterus: a case report and review of the literature,” International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 583–586, 2010.
- K. J. Craddock, B. Bandarchi, and M. A. Khalifa, “Blue nevi of the Müllerian tract: case series and review of the literature,” Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 284–289, 2007.
- R. Gonzalez-Campora, H. Galera-Davidson, F. J. Vazquez-Ramirez, and S. Diaz-Cano, “Blue nevus: classical types and new related entities. A differential diagnostic review,” Pathology Research and Practice, vol. 190, no. 6, pp. 627–635, 1994.
- S. Santos Tde, R. Frota, P. R. Martins-Filho, J. R. Cavalcante, C. Raimundo Rde, and E. S. Andrade, “Extensive intraoral blue nevus—case report,” Anais Brasileiros de Dermatologia, vol. 86, no. 4, supplement 1, pp. S61–S65, 2011.
- A. S. Causeret, F. Skowron, A. M. Viallard, B. Balme, and L. Thomas, “Subungual blue nevus,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 310–312, 2003.
- V. L. Dailey and O. Hameed, “Blue nevus of the prostate,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 135, no. 6, pp. 799–802, 2011.
- L. K. Gilbey and C. E. Girod, “Blue rubber bleb nevus syndrome: endobronchial involvement presenting as chronic cough,” Chest, vol. 124, no. 2, pp. 760–763, 2003.
- S. Nakano, K. Kinoshita, and Y. Morita, “Cellular blue nevus of the scalp associated with intracranial involvement,” Surgical Neurology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 553–557, 1987.
- K. Scheller, C. Scheller, S. Becker, H. J. Holzhausen, and J. Schubert, “Cellular blue nevus (CBN) lymph node metastases of the neck with no primary skin lesion: a case report and review of literature,” Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 601–604, 2010.
- M. Tièche, “Über benigne Melanome ("Chromatophorome") der Haut-"blaue Naevi",” Virchows Archiv für Pathologische Anatomie und Physiologie und für Klinische Medizin, vol. 186, no. 2, pp. 212–229, 1906.
- S. W. Becker, “Cutaneous melanoma, a histologic study especially directed toward the study of melanoblasts,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 21, pp. 818–835, 1930.
- G. Miescher, “Melanom,” in Handbuch Der Haut- Und Geschlechtskrankheiten, J. Jadassohn, Ed., vol. 12, p. 1005, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1933.
- J. A. Carney and J. A. Ferreiro, “The epithelioid blue nevus: a multicentric familial tumor with important associations, including cardiac myxoma and psammomatous melanotic schwannoma,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 259–272, 1996.
- W. D. James, T. Berger, and M. Dirk, Andrews' Diseases of the Skin: Clinical Dermatology, Saunders Elsevier, 2006.
- C. Moreno, L. Requena, H. Kutzner, A. De La Cruz, G. Jaqueti, and E. Sánchez Yus, “Epithelioid blue nevus: a rare variant of blue nevus not always associated with the Carney complex,” Journal of Cutaneous Pathology, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 218–223, 2000.
- R. L. Barnhill, M. A. Barnhill, M. Berwick, and M. C. Mihm, “The histologic spectrum of pigmented spindle cell nevus: a review of 120 cases with emphasis on atypical variants,” Human Pathology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 52–58, 1991.
- F. Aloi, A. Pich, and M. Pippione, “Malignant cellular blue nevus: a clinicopathological study of 6 cases,” Dermatology, vol. 192, no. 1, pp. 36–40, 1996.
- L. Razzaq, E. A. Semenova, M. Marinkovic, R. J. de Keizer, S. G. Van Duinen, and G. P. Luyten, “Mesectodermal suprauveal iridociliary leiomyoma: transscleral excision without postoperative iris defect,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 129, no. 12, pp. 1635–1637, 2011.