- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 731413, 4 pages
Bilateral Progressive Idiopathic Annular Lipid Keratopathy
1Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Sadalla Amin Ghanem Eye Hospital, Joinville, SC 89201, Brazil
2Department of Ophthalmology, University of São Paulo, São Paulo, SP 05403-000, Brazil
Received 2 January 2012; Accepted 29 January 2012
Academic Editors: W. Lisch and S. Machida
Copyright © 2012 Ramon C. Ghanem et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. G. Cogan and T. Kuwabara, “Lipid keratopathy and atheroma,” Transactions of the American Ophthalmological Society, vol. 56, pp. 109–122, 1958.
- B. S. Fine, W. M. Townsend, L. E. Zimmerman, and M. H. Lashkari, “Primary lipoidal degeneration of the cornea,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 12–23, 1974.
- D. F. Savino, B. S. Fine, and O. C. Alldredge, “Primary lipidic degeneration of the cornea,” Cornea, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 191–198, 1986.
- L. A. Shapiro and T. G. Farkas, “Lipid keratopathy following corneal hydrops,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 456–458, 1977.
- M. Morisawa, S. Yamagami, T. Inoki, M. Ochiai, and T. Tsuru, “Bilateral centripetal lipid keratopathy with diffuse anterior scleritis,” Acta Ophthalmologica Scandinavica, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 202–203, 2003.
- E. Zamir, J. Pe'er, and A. Solomon, “Cogan syndrome with disfiguring lipid keratopathy,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 122, no. 8, pp. 1242–1243, 2004.
- J. Sugar, “Congenital and metabolic disorders of the cornea,” in The Cornea, H. E. Kaufman, B. A. Barron, M. B. McDonald, et al., Eds., pp. 391–410, Butterworth Heinemann, Boston, Mass, USA, 1998.
- Y. R. Barishak and R. Stein, “Lipid keratopathy,” Annals of Ophthalmology, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 377–380, 1974.
- E. Alfonso, L. Arrellanes, S. A. Boruchoff, L. D. Ormerod, and D. M. Albert, “Idiopathic bilateral lipid keratopathy,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 338–343, 1988.
- J. A. Durán and M. T. Rodriguez-Ares, “Idiopathic lipid corneal degeneration,” Cornea, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 166–169, 1991.
- M. Castro-Rebollo, M. Montes-Moloón, and C. Pérez-Rico, “Primary bilateral lipid keratopathy,” Archivos de la Sociedad Espanola de Oftalmologia, vol. 84, no. 5, pp. 263–266, 2009.
- J. Levy, D. Benharroch, and T. Lifshitz, “Bilateral severe progressive idiopathic lipid keratopathy,” International Ophthalmology, vol. 26, no. 4-5, pp. 181–184, 2005.