- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 836573, 4 pages
Conjunctival Lymphangioma: A Case Report and Brief Review of the Literature
Departmento de Oftalmologia, Hospital de Santo António, Centro Hospitalar do Porto, Largo Professor Abel Salazar, Edifício Neoclássico, 4099-001 Porto, Portugal
Received 15 January 2012; Accepted 15 March 2012
Academic Editors: F. G. Holz and S. Schwartz
Copyright © 2012 Mariana Seca et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Tucker, “Vascular lesions of the orbit,” in Duane's Clinical Ophthalmology, Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2000.
- F. J. Pereira, S. P. Trindade, A. A. V. Cruz, and T. P. S. Müller, “Linfangioma orbitário: relato de caso,” Arquivos Brasileiros de Oftalmologia, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 84–87, 2010.
- H. D. Perry and A. J. Cossari, “Chronic lymphangiectasis in Turner's syndrome,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 396–399, 1986.
- D. R. Jordan and R. L. Anderson, “Carbon dioxide (CO2) laser therapy for conjunctival lymphangioma,” Ophthalmic Surgery, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 728–730, 1987.
- H. Goto, M. Usui, and S. Okada, “Histopathological study of orbital lymphangioma in an infant,” Japanese Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 594–597, 2004.
- A. Jastrzebski, S. Brownstein, J. Manusow, and A. Rubab, “Isolated conjunctival lymphangioma,” Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 369–370, 2011.
- E. Ansari, L. Teye-Botchway, R. Taylor, and D. O'Neill, “Conjunctival lymphangioma. a can of worms?” Eye, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 746–748, 1998.
- J. Rootman, E. Hay, D. Graeb, and R. Miller, “Orbital-adnexal lymphangiomas. a spectrum of hemodynamically isolated vascular hamartomas,” Ophthalmology, vol. 93, no. 12, pp. 1558–1570, 1986.
- I. S. Jones, “Lymphangiomas of the ocular adnexa: an analysis of sixty-two cases,” Transactions of the American Ophthalmological Society, vol. 57, pp. 602–665, 1959.
- M. Tunç, E. Sadri, and D. H. Char, “Orbital lymphangioma: an analysis of 26 patients,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 76–80, 1999.
- D. M. Meisler, R. A. Eiferman, N. B. Ratliff, and C. D. Burns, “Surgical management of conjunctival lymphangiectasis by conjunctival resection,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 136, no. 4, pp. 735–736, 2003.
- S. Duke-Elder, “Conjunctival diseases,” in Diseases of the Outer Eye, Part 1, vol. 8, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 1965.
- N. L. Browse, I. W. Whimster, G. Stewart, C. W. Helm, and J. J. Wood, “Surgical managment of ‘lymphangioma circumscriptum’,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 73, no. 7, pp. 585–588, 1986.
- B. P. Flanagan and E. B. Helwig, “Cutaneous lymphangioma,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 24–30, 1977.
- R. R. Goble and M. A. Frangoulis, “Lymphangioma circumscriptum of the eyelids and con unctiva,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 74, pp. 574–575, 1990.
- S. Behrendt, H. Bernsmeier, and G. Randzio, “Fractionated beta-irradiation of a conjunctival lymphangioma,” Ophthalmologica, vol. 203, no. 4, pp. 161–163, 1991.
- I. A. Wasfy, “Lymphangiectasia haemorrhagica conjunctivae: report of three cases with a note on successful treatment with cryosurgery in one case,” Bulletin of the Ophthalmological Society of Egypt, vol. 68, no. 72, pp. 37–44, 1975.
- F. W. Fraunfelder, “Liquid nitrogen cryotherapy of conjunctival lymphangiectasia: a case series,” Transactions of the American Ophthalmological Society, vol. 107, pp. 229–232, 2009.
- P. Kalisa, B. Van Zieleghem, P. Roux, and F. Meire, “Orbital lymphangioma: clinical features and management,” Bulletin de la Societe Belge d'Ophtalmologie, no. 282, pp. 59–68, 2001.
- A. Vanderschueren, I. Stalmans, R. Lombaerts, and A. Leys, “Ocular abnormalities in patients with Alport's syndrome,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 2355–2358, 1996.
- B. Jayaprasad, K. R. Sathish, N. Chandrasekhar, N. S. Upadhyaya, and S. Mehta, “Alport's syndrome: a case report,” Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 211–212, 1994.