- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 476527, 4 pages
Atypical Cogan's Syndrome
Departmento de Oftalmologia, Hospital de Santo António, Centro Hospitalar do Porto, Largo Professor Abel Salazar, 4099-001 Porto, Portugal
Received 11 February 2013; Accepted 5 March 2013
Academic Editors: S. M. Johnson, S. Machida, N. Rosa, M. Rosner, and G. Savini
Copyright © 2013 João Queirós et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. G. Cogan, “Syndrome of nonsyphilitic interstitial keratitis and vestibuloauditory symptoms,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 33, pp. 144–149, 1945.
- B. F. Haynes, M. I. Kaiser-Kupfer, P. Mason, and A. S. Fauci, “Cogan syndrome: studies in thirteen patients, long-term follow-up, and a review of the literature,” Medicine, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 426–441, 1980.
- A. Grasland, J. Pouchot, E. Hachulla, O. Bletry, T. Papo, and P. Vinceneux, “Typical and atypical Cogan’s syndrome: 32 cases and review of literature,” Rheumatology, vol. 43, pp. 1007–1015, 2004.
- D. Ezpeleta, J. L. Munoz-Blanco, C. Tabernero, and S. Jimenez-Roldan, “Complicaciones neurologicas de la Fiebre Botonosa Mediterranea. Presentacion de un caso de encefalomeningomielitis aguda y revision de la literatura,” Neurologia, vol. 14, pp. 38–42, 1999.
- M. Amaro, F. Facellar, and A. Franca, “Report of eight cases of fatal and severe Mediterranean spotted fever in Portugal,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 990, pp. 331–343, 2003.
- D. A. Marcos, J. Sanchez, R. Jimenez, et al., “Meningoencefalitis por Rickettsia conorii. Aspectos etiopatogenicos, clinicos y diagnosticos,” Neurologia, vol. 9, pp. 72–75, 1994.
- L. Aliaga, P. Sanchez-Blazquez, J. Rodriguez-Granger, et al., “Mediterranean spotted fever with encephalitis,” Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 58, pp. 521–525, 2009.
- M. Khairallah, A. Ladjimi, M. Chakroun et al., “Posterior segment manifestations of Rickettsia conorii infection,” Ophthalmology, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 529–534, 2004.
- D. Tsiachris, M. Deutsch, D. Vassilopoulos, R. Zafiropoulou, and A. J. Archimandritis, “Sensorineural hearing loss complicating severe rickettsial diseases: report of two cases,” Journal of Infection, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 74–76, 2008.
- S. A. M. Kularatne and I. B. Gawarammana, “Validity of the Weil-Felix test in the diagnosis of acute rickettsial infections in Sri Lanka,” Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 423–424, 2009.
- R. M. McCallum and B. F. Haynes, “Cogan's syndrome,” in Ocular Infection & Immunity, J. S. Pepose, G. N. Holland, and K. R. Wilhelmus, Eds., p. 446, Mosby, St. Louis, Miss, USA, 1st edition, 1996.
- N. B. Allen, C. C. Cox, M. R. Jacobs, et al., “Use of immunosuppressive agents in the treatment of severe ocular and vascular manifestations of Cogan's syndrome,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 296–301, 1990.
- P. Vinceneux, Cogan Syndrome, Orphanet Encyclopedia, 2005.
- R. S. Vollertsen, T. J. McDonald, B. R. Younge, et al., “Cogan's syndrome: 18 cases and a review of the literature,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 344–361, 1986.
- M. B. Gluth, K. H. Baratz, E. L. Matteson, and C. L. W. Driscoll, “Cogan syndrome: a retrospective review of 60 patients throughout a half century,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 483–488, 2006.