- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 589620, 3 pages
Corneal Transplant Infection due to Alternaria alternata: A Case Report
1Ophthalmology Department, AHEPA University Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, St. Kyriakidis 1 Street, 54636 Thessaloniki, Greece
2Department of Microbiology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Received 17 January 2013; Accepted 21 February 2013
Academic Editors: C.-K. Joo and L. K. Yeh
Copyright © 2013 Vasileios Konidaris et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. S. Hibbett, M. Binder, J. F. Bischoff, et al., “A higher-level phylogenetic classification of the Fungi,” Mycological Research, vol. 111, no. 5, pp. 509–547, 2007.
- Z. Ozbek, S. Kang, J. Sivalingam, C. J. Rapuano, E. J. Cohen, and K. M. Hammersmith, “Voriconazole in the management of alternaria keratitis,” Cornea, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 242–244, 2006.
- A. Panda, N. Sharma, G. Das, N. Kumar, and G. Satpathy, “Mycotic keratitis in children: epidemiologic and microbiologic evaluation,” Cornea, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 295–299, 1997.
- J. Chander and A. Sharma, “Prevalence of fungal corneal ulcers in Northern India,” Infection, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 207–209, 1994.
- P. Azar, J. V. Aquavella, and R. S. Smith, “Keratomycosis due to an Alternaria species,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 881–883, 1975.
- M. Srinivasan, M. P. Upadhyay, B. Priyadarsini, R. Mahalakshmi, and J. P. Whitcher, “Corneal ulceration in south-east Asia III: prevention of fungal keratitis at the village level in south India using topical antibiotics,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 1472–1475, 2006.
- R. Ursea, L. A. Tavares, M. T. Feng, A. Z. McColgin, R. W. Snyder, and D. M. Wolk, “Non-traumatic Alternaria keratomycosis in a rigid gas-permeable contact lens patient,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 389–390, 2010.
- S. M. Hariprasad, W. F. Mieler, T. K. Lin, W. E. Sponsel, and J. R. Graybill, “Voriconazole in the treatment of fungal eye infections: a review of current literature,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 92, no. 7, pp. 871–878, 2008.
- M. A. Thiel, A. S. Zinkernagel, J. Burhenne, C. Kaufmann, and W. E. Haefeli, “Voriconazole concentration in human aqueous humor and plasma during topical or combined topical and systemic administration for fungal keratitis,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 239–244, 2007.
- N. Ando and K. Takatori, “Keramycosis due to Alternaria alternata corneal transplant infection,” Mycopathologia, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 1987.