- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 278156, 3 pages
Intertrochanteric Fracture of the Ankylosed Hip Joint Treated by a Gamma Nail: A Case Report
1Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Takayama Red Cross Hospital, 3-11 Tenman, Takayama, Gifu 506-8550, Japan
2Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1194, Japan
Received 11 May 2012; Accepted 8 July 2012
Academic Editors: K. Erler, B. W. Min, S. A. Papadakis, and T. Tsurumoto
Copyright © 2012 Daichi Ishimaru et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Bhandari, E. Schemitsch, A. Jönsson, M. Zlowodzki, and G. J. Haidukewych, “Gamma nails revisited: gamma nails versus compression hip screws in the management of intertrochanteric fractures of the hip: a meta-analysis,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 460–464, 2009.
- A. Manzotti, N. Confalonieri, and C. Pullen, “Intertrochanteric fracture of an arthrodesed hip,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Series B, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 390–392, 2007.
- A. P. Wulke, K. Mader, and D. Pennig, “Femoral neck fracture in an arthrodesed hip treated by a supracondylar intramedullary locked nail,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 116–118, 2004.
- D. G. Lorich, D. S. Geller, and J. H. Nielson, “Osteoporotic pertrochanteric hip fractures: management and current controversies,” Instructional Course Lectures, vol. 53, pp. 441–454, 2004.
- S. H. Doppelt, “The sliding compression screw. Today's best answer for stabilization of intertrochanteric hip fractures,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 507–523, 1980.
- S. C. Halder, “The gamma nail for peritrochanteric fractures,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Series B, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 340–344, 1992.
- A. B. Joshi, L. Markovic, K. Hardinge, and J. C. M. Murphy, “Conversion of a fused hip to total hip arthroplasty,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Series A, vol. 84, no. 8, pp. 1335–1341, 2002.
- D. J. Kilgus, H. C. Amstutz, M. A. Wolgin, and F. J. Dorey, “Joint replacement for ankylosed hips,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Series A, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 45–54, 1990.
- G. M. Strathy and R. H. Fitzgerald Jr., “Total hip arthroplasty in the ankylosed hip. A ten-year follow-up,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Series A, vol. 70, no. 7, pp. 963–966, 1988.
- A. L. Utrilla, J. S. Reig, F. M. Muñoz, and C. B. Tufanisco, “Trochanteric Gamma nail and compression hip screw for trochanteric fractures: a randomized, prospective, comparative study in 210 elderly patients with a new design of the Gamma nail,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 229–233, 2005.