- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 439836, 2 pages
Foreign Body Granuloma: A Diagnosis Not to Forget
1Rheumatology Department, Mohammed VI Medical Center, Marrakesh, Morocco
2Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery B, Mohammed VI Medical Center, Marrakesh, Morocco
Received 29 November 2011; Accepted 2 February 2012
Academic Editor: A. H. Kivioja
Copyright © 2012 I. El Bouchti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. J. Harris, “Retained hawthorn fragment in a child's foot complicated by infection: diagnosis and excision aided by localization with ultrasound,” Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 161–165, 2010.
- E. Bouajina, L. Harzallah, M. Ghannouchi et al., “Foreign body granuloma due to unsuspected wooden splinter,” Joint Bone Spine, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 329–331, 2006.
- A. Vega Curiel, M. Villaverde Romon, F. Carillo Lucia, M. Ruiz Del Portal Bermundo, and A. Carranza Bencano, “Injuries from palm tree thorn simulating tumoral or pseudotumoral bone lesions,” Acta Orthopaedica Belgica, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 279–282, 2001.
- M. Barry, N. Maffulli, and C. Good, “The missed thorn,” Acta Orthopaedica Belgica, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 468–470, 1992.
- H. R. Dürr, A. Stäbler, P. E. Müller, and H. J. Refior, “Thorn-induced pseudotumor of the metatarsal: a case report,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 580–585, 2001.
- D. Shrestha, U. K. Sharma, R. Mohammad, and D. Dhoju, “The role of ultrasonography in detection and localization of radiolucent foreign body in soft tissues of extremities,” Journal of the Nepal Medical Association, vol. 48, no. 173, pp. 5–9, 2009.