- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 452651, 5 pages
Skeletal Muscle Haemangioma: A Cause for Chronic Pain about the Knee: A Case Report
1Department of Orthopaedics, Dr. PSIMS & RF Chinoutpalli, Gannavaram, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada 521101, India
2Consultant Radiologist, Nagarjuna Hospital, Kanuru, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada 520007, India
Received 11 July 2012; Accepted 31 July 2012
Academic Editors: M. Huber and M. K. Lyons
Copyright © 2012 Kopuri Ravi Kiran et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. P. Moser and M. S. Barr, “Musculoskeletal case of the day. Intramuscular hemangioma of the thigh,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 162, no. 6, pp. 1465–1466, 1994.
- M. Chadha and A. P. Singh, “Unusual knee swelling: a diagnostic dilemma,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 127, no. 7, pp. 593–596, 2007.
- A. J. Beham and C. D. M. Fletcher, “Intramuscular angioma: a clinicopathological analysis of 74 cases,” Histopathology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 53–59, 1991.
- N. Griffin, N. Khan, J. M. Thomas, C. Fisher, and E. C. Moskovic, “The radiological manifestations of intramuscular haemangiomas in adults: magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography and ultrasound appearances,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 1051–1059, 2007.
- L. Melman and F. E. Johnson, “Intramuscular cavernous hemangioma,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 195, no. 6, pp. 816–817, 2008.
- R. A. Brown, K. Crichton, and G. M. Malouf, “Intramuscular haemangioma of the thigh in a basketball player,” British Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 346–348, 2004.
- T. E. Bendeck, F. Lichtenberg, S. Juan, and P. Rico, “Cavernous hemangioma of striated muscle: review of the literature and report of two cases,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 146, no. 6, pp. 1011–1015, 1957.
- W. T. C. Yuh, M. H. Kathol, M. A. Sein, S. Ehara, and L. Chiu, “Haemangioma of skeletal muscle: MR findings in five patients,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 149, no. 4, pp. 765–768, 1987.
- K. G. Jones, “Cavernous haemangioma of striated muscle—a review of literature and a report of four cases,” The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery A, vol. 35, pp. 717–728, 1953.
- Rajni, G. Khanna, A. Gupta, and V. Gupta, “Synovial hemangioma: a rare benign synovial lesion,” Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 257–258, 2008.
- H. J. Mencke, J. Zilkens, K. H. Bigalke, and J. Ammon, “The problem of intramuscular haemangioma,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Traumatic Surgery, vol. 100, no. 4, pp. 243–247, 1982.
- N. Haroon and A. Aggarwal, “Intramuscular cavernous hemangioma with juxta-articular swelling,” Canadian Medical Association or Its licensors, vol. 175, no. 9, pp. 1059–1060, 2006.
- H. J. Paltiel, P. E. Burrows, H. P. W. Kozakewich, D. Zurakowski, and J. B. Mulliken, “Soft-tissue vascular anomalies: utility of US for diagnosis,” Radiology, vol. 214, no. 3, pp. 747–754, 2000.
- A. H. Hassanein, J. B. Mulliken, S. J. Fishman, and A. K. Greene, “Evaluation of terminology for vascular anomalies in current literature,” Plast Reconstr Surg, vol. 127, no. 1, pp. 347–351, 2011.
- P. S. Quinn, K. Sieunarine, M. Lawrence-Brown, and P. Tan, “Intramuscular haemangiomas: hookwire localization prior to surgical excision: report of four cases,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 62–66, 2001.
- A. T. Wild, P. Raab, and R. Krauspe, “Hemangioma of skeletal muscle,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 120, no. 3-4, pp. 139–143, 2000.