- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 690914, 5 pages
Monostotic Fibrous Dysplasia of the Rib: A Case Report
Department of Pathology, JSS Medical College, JSS University, No. 1036, 5th Main 10th Cross, 1st Stage Vijayanagar,
Karnataka, Mysore 570017, India
Received 30 September 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editors: K. Erler, A. H. Kivioja, and J. P. Kostuik
Copyright © 2012 Asha Mahadevappa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Henry, “Monostotic fibrous dysplasia,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 300–306, 1969.
- F. R. Singer, “Fibrous dysplasia of bone: the bone lesion unmasked,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 151, no. 6, pp. 1511–1515, 1997.
- A. Ayadi-Kaddour, S. Ben Slama, A. Marghli et al., “Fibrous dysplasia of the rib. Ten case reports,” Revue de Chirurgie Orthopedique et Reparatrice de l'Appareil Moteur, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 301–307, 2008.
- S. G. Parekh, R. Donthineni-Rao, E. Ricchetti, and R. D. Lackman, “Fibrous dysplasia,” The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 305–313, 2004.
- M. N. Snieders, F. J. Van Kemenade, and B. J. Van Royen, “Monostotic fibrous dysplasia of a lumbar vertebral body with secondary aneurysmal bone cyst formation: a case report,” Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol. 3, article 7227, 2009.
- Z. K. Shah, W. C. G. Peh, W. L. Koh, and T. W. H. Shek, “Magnetic resonance imaging appearances of fibrous dysplasia,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 78, no. 936, pp. 1104–1115, 2005.
- A. Traibi, F. E. Oueriachi, M. E. Hammoumi, E. H. Kabiri, and A. A. Bouzidi, “Monostotic fibrous dysplasia of the ribs,” Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, vol. 14, pp. 41–43, 2012.
- E. K. Hughes, S. L. J. James, S. Butt, A. M. Davies, and A. Saifuddin, “Benign primary tumours of the ribs,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 314–322, 2006.
- F. Remotti and F. Feldman, “Nonneoplastic lesions that simulate primary tumors of bone,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 136, no. 7, pp. 772–788, 2012.
- R. L. Diercks, A. J. M. Sauter, and W. M. C. Mallens, “Aneurysmal bone cyst in association with fibrous dysplasia. A case report,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 144–146, 1986.
- U. Tateishi, G. W. Gladish, M. Kusumoto et al., “Chest wall tumors: radiologic findings and pathologic correlation: part 1. Benign tumors,” Radiographics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1477–1490, 2003.
- A. S. Terkawi, K. H. Al-Qahtani, E. Baksh, L. Soualmi, A. E. B. Mohamed, and A. J. Sabbagh, “Fibrous dysplasia and aneurysmal bone cyst of the skull base presenting with blindness: a report of a rare locally aggressive example,” Head and Neck Oncology, vol. 3, no. 1, article 15, 2011.
- M. R. DiCaprio and W. F. Enneking, “Fibrous dysplasia: pathophysiology, evaluation, and treatment,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 87, no. 8, pp. 1848–1864, 2005.
- K. A. Fitzpatrick, M. S. Taljanovic, D. P. Speer et al., “Imaging findings of fibrous dysplasia with histopathologic and intraoperative correlation,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 182, no. 6, pp. 1389–1398, 2004.
- D. B. Case, C. N. Chapman, J. K. Freeman, and J. P. Polga, “Best cases from the AFIP: atypical presentation of polyostotic fibrous dysplasia with myxoma (mazabraud syndrome),” RadioGraphics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 827–832, 2010.