- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 865360, 5 pages
Orthopedic Considerations with Eosinophilic Fasciitis: A Case Report and Literature Review
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 6304 Timberwood South, West Bloomfield, East Lansing, MI 48322, USA
Received 15 March 2012; Accepted 23 April 2012
Academic Editors: I. Madrazo and T. Tsurumoto
Copyright © 2012 Jason Samona. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. D. Harris, R. C. Budd, M. C. Genovese, G. S. Firestein, J. S. Sargent, and C. B. Sledge, Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology, W.B. Saunders, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 7th edition, 2005.
- L. Bischoff and C. T. Derk, “Eosinophilic fasciitis: demographics, disease pattern and response to treatment: report of 12 cases and review of the literature,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 29–35, 2008.
- A. Naoui, K. Bouslama, M. Abdallah et al., “Eosinophilic fasciitis (Shulman's disease): a case series of 11 patients,” Revue de Medecine Interne, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 535–539, 2010.
- M. Antic, S. Lautenschlager, and P. H. Itin, “Eosinophilic fasciitis 30 years after—what do we really know? Report of 11 patients and review of the literature,” Dermatology, vol. 213, no. 2, pp. 93–101, 2006.
- S. Lakhanpal, W. W. Ginsburg, C. J. Michet, J. A. Doyle, and S. B. Moore, “Eosinophilic fasciitis: clinical spectrum and therapeutic response in 52 cases,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 221–231, 1988.
- C. DeGiovanni, M. Chard, and A. Woollons, “Eosinophilic fasciitis secondary to treatment with atorvastatin.,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 131–132, 2006.
- P. Serrano-Grau, J. M. Mascaró-Galy, and P. Iranzo, “Development of eosinophilic fasciitis after simvastatin ingestion,” Actas Dermo-Sifiliograficas, vol. 99, no. 5, pp. 420–421, 2008.
- Y. Yamanishi, S. Ishioka, and M. Yamakido, “Complete remission of relapsing eosinophilic fasciitis associated with bronchial asthma following regular steroid inhalation,” Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 339–340, 2000.
- R. Danis, S. Akbulut, A. Altintas, S. Ozmen, and C. A. Ozmen, “Unusual presentation of eosinophilic fasciitis: two case reports and a review of the literature,” Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol. 4, article 46, 2010.
- E. B. M. Kroft, E. M. G. J. De Jong, and A. W. M. Evers, “Physical burden of symptoms in patients with localized scleroderma and eosinophilic fasciitis,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 144, no. 10, pp. 1394–1395, 2008.
- F. Baumann, P. Brühlmann, G. Andreisek, B. A. Michel, B. Marincek, and D. Weishaupt, “MRI for diagnosis and monitoring of patients with eosinophilic fasciitis,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 169–174, 2005.
- S. J. Moulton, M. J. Kransdorf, W. W. Ginsburg, A. Abril, and S. Persellin, “Eosinophilic fasciitis: spectrum of MRI findings,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 184, no. 3, pp. 975–978, 2005.
- A. Bukiej, J. Dropiński, G. Dyduch, and A. Szczeklik, “Eosinophilic fasciitis successfully treated with cyclosporine,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 634–636, 2005.
- A. Gabrielli, M. De Nictolis, G. Campanati, and S. Cinti, “Eosinophilic fasciitis: a mast cell disorder?” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 75–80, 1983.