- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 913230, 5 pages
Floating Knee Injury Associated with Patellar Tendon Rupture: A Case Report and Review of Literature
1Stanley Medical College, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
2ESI Hospital, KK Nagar, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
3Department of Orthopaedics, Coimbatore Medical College, Tamilnadu, Coimbatore 641036, India
Received 18 November 2011; Accepted 28 December 2011
Academic Editor: K. Erler
Copyright © 2012 Singaravadivelu Vaidyanathan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Blake and A. McBryde Jr., “The floating knee: ipsilateral fractures of the tibia and femur,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 13–16, 1975.
- U. Rethnam, R. S. Yesupalan, and R. Nair, “Impact of associated injuries in the floating knee: a retrospective study,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 10, article 7, 2009.
- U. Rethnam, R. S. Yesupalan, and R. Nair, “The floating knee: epidemiology, prognostic indicators & outcome following surgical management,” Journal of Trauma Management & Outcomes, vol. 1, article 2, 2007.
- M. J. Szalay, O. R. Hosking, and P. Annear, “Injury of knee ligament associated with ipsilateral femoral shaft fractures and with ipsilateral femoral and tibial shaft fractures,” Injury, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 398–400, 1990.
- J. J. van Raay, E. L. Raaymakers, and H. W. Dupree, “Knee ligament injuries combined with ipsilateral tibial and femoral diaphyseal fractures: the ‘floating knee’,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 75–77, 1991.
- D. Schiedts, M. Mukisi, D. Bouger, and H. Bastaraud, “Ipsilateral femoral and tibial fractures,” Revue de Chirurgie Orthopedique et Reparatrice de l'Appareil Moteur, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 535–540, 1996.
- M. Dickob and U. Mommsen, “Extra-articular fractures near the knee joint and concomitant ligamentous damage,” Aktuelle Traumatologie, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 183–188, 1992.
- F. C. Kao, Y. K. Tu, K. Y. Hsu, J. Y. Su, C. Y. Yen, and M. C. Chou, “Floating knee injuries: a high complication rate,” Orthopedics, vol. 33, no. 1, article 14, 2010.
- G. Karlstrom and S. Olerud, “Ipsilateral fracture of the femur and tibia,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 240–243, 1977.
- K. Yokoyama, T. Tsukamoto, S. Aoki et al., “Evaluation of functional outcome of the floating knee injury using multivariate analysis,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 122, no. 8, pp. 432–435, 2002.
- S. H. Hung, Y. M. Lu, H. T. Huang et al., “Surgical treatment of type II floating knee: comparisons of the results of type IIA and type IIB floating knee,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 578–586, 2007.