- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 539740, 4 pages
Could Ossification of the Achilles Tendon Have a Hereditary Component?
1Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Saint Georges University Medical Center, Balamand University, P.O. Box 166378, Achrafieh, Beirut 1100 2807, Lebanon
2Department of Diagnostic Radiology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, P.O. Box 110236, Beirut 1107 2020, Lebanon
Received 17 February 2013; Accepted 12 April 2013
Academic Editors: S. A. Papadakis and T. Tsurumoto
Copyright © 2013 Chawki Cortbaoui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Yu, D. Witte, D. Resnick, and W. Pogue, “Ossification of the Achilles tendon: imaging abnormalities in 12 patients,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 127–131, 1994.
- P. J. Richards, J. C. Braid, M. R. Carmont, and N. Maffulli, “Achilles tendon ossification: pathology, imaging and aetiology,” Disability and Rehabilitation, vol. 30, no. 20–22, pp. 1651–1665, 2008.
- P. A. Lotke, “Ossification of the Achilles tendon. Report of seven cases,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 157–160, 1970.
- E. Sobel, R. Giorgini, J. Hilfer, and T. Rostkowski, “Ossification of a ruptured Achilles tendon: a case report in a diabetic patient,” Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 330–334, 2002.
- J. W. Ghormley, “Ossification of the tendo Achilles,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 20, pp. 153–160, 1938.
- M. Hatori, M. Matsuda, and S. Kokobun, “Ossification of Achilles tendon—report of three cases,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 122, pp. 414–417, 2002.
- D. Sasaki, M. Hatori, S. Kotajima, K. Tanaka, and S. Kokubun, “Ossification of the Achilles tendon—a case report,” Scottish Medical Journal, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 174–175, 2005.
- M. A. Proctor and C. H. Epps, “Post traumatic ossification of the Achilles tendon,” Journal of the National Medical Association, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 368–390, 1976.
- K. L. Morris, J. A. Giacopelli, and D. Granoff, “Classifications of radiopaque lesions of the tendo Achillis,” Journal of Foot Surgery, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 533–542, 1990.