- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 703850, 4 pages
Pediatric Transepiphyseal Seperation and Dislocation of the Femoral Head
1Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, BezmialemVakif University Medical Faculty Hospital, 34093 Istanbul, Turkey
2Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Selçuk University Medical Faculty Hospital, 42075 Konya, Turkey
Received 26 January 2013; Accepted 21 February 2013
Academic Editors: K. Erler, D. A. Fisher, M. G. Lykissas, S. A. Papadakis, and A. Sakamoto
Copyright © 2013 Mehmet Elmadag et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. S. Moon and C. T. Mehlman, “Risk factors for avascular necrosis after femoral neck fractures in children: 25 Cincinnati cases and meta-analysis of 360 cases,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 323–376, 2006.
- A. Pina-Medina and J. Pardo-Montaner, “Triradiate cartilage fracture associated with a transepiphyseal separation of the femoral head: a case report,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 575–577, 1996.
- J. P. Walls, “Hip fracture-dislocation with transepiphyseal separation: case report and literature review,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 284, pp. 170–175, 1992.
- S. T. Canale and W. L. Bourland, “Fracture of the neck and intertrochanteric recgion of the femur in children,” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 431–443, 1977.
- A. Barquet, “Avascular necrosis following traumatic hip dislocation in childhood. Factors of influence,” Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 809–813, 1982.
- S. Mohammad, A. Port, and R. J. Montgomery, “Transepiphyseal fracture of the femoral neck with dislocation of the femoral head and fracture of the posterior column of the acetabulum in a child,” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. British, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 113–115, 2002.
- A. Barquet and V. Vecsei, “Traumatic dislocation of the hip with separation of the proximal femoral epiphysis. Report of two cases and review of the literature,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Traumatic Surgery, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 219–223, 1984.
- A. J. Ingram and B. Bachynski, “Fractures of the hip in children; treatment and results,” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 867–887, 1953.
- C. L. Craig, “Hip injuries in children and adolescents,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 743–754, 1980.
- S. T. Canale, “Fractures of the hip in children and adolescents,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 341–352, 1990.
- H. P. Granhed and A. Karladani, “Bilateral acetabular fracture as a result of epileptic seizure: a report of two cases,” Injury, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 65–68, 1997.
- K. S. Song, Y. S. Kim, S. W. Sohn, and J. A. Ogden, “Arthrotomy and open reduction of the displaced fracture of the femoral neck in children,” Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics Part B, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 205–210, 2001.
- P. C. Colonna, “Fracture of the neck of the femur in children,” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 793–797, 1929.