- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 932521, 4 pages
Sacral Fracture Nonunion Treated by Bone Grafting through a Posterior Approach
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7-5-1, Kusunoki-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-0017, Japan
Received 8 March 2013; Accepted 12 April 2013
Academic Editors: E. R. Ahlmann, M. Gotoh, P. Kumar, M. K. Lyons, and M. Pirpiris
Copyright © 2013 Sang Yang Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. V. Giannoudis, M. van Griensven, E. Tsiridis, and H. C. Pape, “The genetic predisposition to adverse outcome after trauma,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 89, no. 10, pp. 1273–1279, 2007.
- C. S. Roberts, H. C. Pape, A. L. Jones, A. L. Malkani, J. L. Rodriguez, and P. V. Giannoudis, “Damage control orthopaedics: evolving concepts in the treatment of patients who have sustained orthopaedic trauma,” Instructional Course Lectures, vol. 54, pp. 447–462, 2005.
- P. M. Rommens and M. H. Hessmann, “Staged reconstruction of pelvic ring disruption: differences in morbidity, mortality, radiologic results, and functional outcomes between B1, B2/B3, and C-type lesions,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 92–98, 2002.
- C. Papakostidis, N. K. Kanakaris, G. Kontakis, and P. V. Giannoudis, “Pelvic ring disruptions: treatment modalities and analysis of outcomes,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 329–338, 2009.
- E. Gautier, P. M. Rommens, and J. M. Matta, “Late reconstruction after pelvic ring injuries,” Injury, vol. 27, supplement 2, pp. B39–B46, 1996.
- N. K. Kanakaris, A. G. Angoules, V. S. Nikolaou, G. Kontakis, and P. V. Giannoudis, “Treatment and outcomes of pelvic malunions and nonunions: a systematic review,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 467, no. 8, pp. 2112–2124, 2009.
- J. Lindahl, E. Hirvensalo, O. Böstman, and S. Santavirta, “Failure of reduction with an external fixator in the management of injuries of the pelvic ring. Long-term evaluation of 110 patients,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 955–962, 1999.
- J. M. Matta and T. Saucedo, “Internal fixation of pelvic ring fractures,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 242, pp. 83–97, 1989.
- J. M. Matta, K. F. Dickson, and G. D. Markovich, “Surgical treatment of pelvic nonunions and malunions,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 329, pp. 199–206, 1996.
- M. Oransky and M. Tortora, “Nonunions and malunions after pelvic fractures: why they occur and what can be done?” Injury, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 489–496, 2007.
- E. W. van den Bosch, R. van der Kleyn, M. C. M. A. van Zwienen, and A. B. van Vugt, “Nonunion of unstable fractures of the pelvis,” European Journal of Trauma, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 100–103, 2002.
- H. de Boeck, P. Yde, and P. Opdecam, “Non-union of a sacral fracture treated by bone graft and internal fixation,” Injury, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 65–66, 1995.
- N. A. Ebraheim, A. Biyani A, and F. Wong, “Nonunion of pelvic fractures,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 202–204, 1998.
- D. C. Mears and J. Velyvis, “Surgical reconstruction of late pelvic post-traumatic nonunion and malalignment,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 21–30, 2003.
- P. Vanderschot, K. Daenens, and P. Broos, “Surgical treatment of post-traumatic pelvic deformities,” Injury, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 19–22, 1998.
- M. Tile, “Pelvic ring fractures: should they be fixed?” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 1988.
- M. L. C. Routt Jr. and P. T. Simonian, “Closed reduction and percutaneous skeletal fixation of sacral fractures,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 329, pp. 121–128, 1996.
- R. W. Huegli, P. Messmer, A. L. Jacob, P. Regazzoni, S. Styger, and T. Gross, “Delayed union of a sacral fracture: percutaneous navigated autologous cancellous bone grafting and screw fixation,” CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 502–505, 2003.
- D. Schweitzer, A. Zylberberg, M. Córdova, and J. Gonzalez, “Closed reduction and iliosacral percutaneous fixation of unstable pelvic ring fractures,” Injury, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 869–874, 2008.
- D. R. Griffin, A. J. Starr, C. M. Reinert, A. L. Jones, and S. Whitlock, “Vertically unstable pelvic fractures fixed with percutaneous iliosacral screws: does posterior injury pattern predict fixation failure?” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 399–405, 2003.