- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Otolaryngology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 548340, 5 pages
Extradural Dermoid Cyst of Mastoid Bone: A Case Report
1Department of Otorhinolaryngology, King Abdul Aziz University Hospital, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2Neurosurgery Division, King Khalid University Hospital, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Received 1 April 2012; Accepted 10 July 2012
Academic Editors: M.-K. Chen, Y. Orita, and N. Perez
Copyright © 2012 Hamad S. Al-Muhaimeed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. G. Smirniotopoulos and M. V. Chiechi, “Teratomas, dermoids, and epidermoids of the head and neck,” Radiographics, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1437–1455, 1995.
- C. L. Sturiale, A. Mangiola, A. Pompucci, M. D'Ercole, L. D. Muro, and C. Anile, “Interdural giant dermoid cyst of the petrous apex,” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 1498–1502, 2009.
- P. E. Farris, W. L. Meyerhoff, and F. Vuitch, “Congenital dermoid cyst of the middle ear,” Skull Base Surgery, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 77–80, 1998.
- M. Ammirati, M. Delgado, H. W. Slone, and A. Ray-Chaudhury, “Extradural dermoid tumor of the petrous apex. Case report,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 426–429, 2007.
- J. M. McAvoy and L. Zuckerbraun, “Dermoid cysts of the head and neck in children,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 102, no. 9, pp. 529–531, 1976.
- S. S. Kollias, W. S. Ball Jr., E. C. Prenger, and C. M. Myers III, “Dermoids of the eustachian tube: CT and MR findings with histologic correlation,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 663–668, 1995.
- H. Tsugu, T. Fukushima, S. Hayashi, M. Iwaasa, and T. Matsuda, “Squamous cell carcinoma arising in an intracranial dermoid cyst,” Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 213–216, 2001.
- J. C. Devine and D. C. Jones, “Carcinomatous transformation of a sublingual dermoid cyst,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 126–127, 2000.