- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Otolaryngology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 924571, 4 pages
Duplication of the External Auditory Canal: Two Cases and a Review of the Literature
1st Department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, AHEPA University Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54636 Thessaloniki, Greece
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 24 October 2012
Academic Editors: J. I. De Diego and R. Mora
Copyright © 2012 John K. Goudakos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. D. Olsen, N. E. Maragos, and L. H. Weiland, “First branchial cleft anomalies,” Laryngoscope, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 423–436, 1980.
- A. R. D'Souza, H. S. Uppal, R. De, and H. Zeitoun, “Updating concepts of first branchial cleft defects: a literature review,” International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 103–109, 2002.
- G. R. Ford, A. Balakrishnan, J. N. G. Evans, and C. M. Bailey, “Branchial cleft and pouch anomalies,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 137–143, 1992.
- S. K. Mukherji, R. P. Tart, W. H. Slattery, S. P. Stringer, M. T. Benson, and A. A. Mancuso, “Evaluation of first branchial anomalies by CT and MR,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 576–581, 1993.
- M. T. Benson, K. Dalen, A. A. Mancuso, H. H. Kerr, A. A. Cacciarelli, and M. F. Mafee, “Congenital anomalies of the branchial apparatus: embryology and pathologic anatomy,” Radiographics, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 943–960, 1992.
- W. M. Belenky and J. E. Medina, “First branchial cleft anomalies,” Laryngoscope, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 28–39, 1980.
- J. M. Triglia, R. Nicollas, V. Ducroz, P. J. Koltai, and E. N. Garabedian, “First branchial cleft anomalies: a study of 39 cases and a review of the literature,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 124, no. 3, pp. 291–295, 1998.
- W. P. Work, “Newer concepts of first branchial cleft defects,” Laryngoscope, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 1581–1593, 1972.
- J. Y. Sichel, D. Halperin, I. Dano, and E. Dangoor, “Clinical update on type II first branchial cleft cysts,” Laryngoscope, vol. 108, no. 10, pp. 1524–1527, 1998.
- H. R. Harnsberger, A. A. Mancuso, A. S. Muraki et al., “Branchial cleft anomalies and their mimics: computed tomographic evaluation,” Radiology, vol. 152, no. 3, pp. 739–748, 1984.
- F. Coppens, P. Peene, and S. F. Lemahieu, “Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of branchial cleft cysts by CT scan,” Journal Belge de Radiologie, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 189–196, 1990.
- M. B. Miller, V. M. Rao, and B. M. Tom, “Cystic masses of the head and neck: pitfalls in CT and MR interpretation,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 159, no. 3, pp. 601–607, 1992.
- F. C. Agaton-Bonilla and C. Gay-Escoda, “Diagnosis and treatment of branchial cleft cysts and fistulae. A retrospective study of 183 patients,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 449–452, 1996.
- S. S. Choi and G. H. Zalzal, “Branchial anomalies: a review of 52 cases,” Laryngoscope, vol. 105, no. 9, pp. 909–913, 1995.
- J. R. Chandler and B. Mitchell, “Branchial cleft cysts, sinuses, and fistulas,” Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 175–186, 1981.