- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pathology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 252805, 4 pages
Primary Sarcoma of the Specialised Prostatic Stroma: A Case Report and Review of the Literature
1Departments of Pathology, General Hospital C.G. Mazzoni, 63100 Ascoli Piceno, Italy
2Department of Urology, Central Hospital, 60035 Jesi, Italy
Received 23 August 2011; Accepted 20 September 2011
Academic Editors: D. Cao and D. Tsuruta
Copyright © 2011 Rosanna Zamparese et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. I. Epstein and I. A. Sesterhenn, Eds., The World Health Classification of Tumours of the Urinary System and Male Genital Organs, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2004.
- D. G. Bostwick, D. Hossain, J. Qian et al., “Phyllodes tumor of the prostate: long-term followup study of 23 cases,” Journal of Urology, vol. 172, no. 3, pp. 894–899, 2004.
- J. N. Eble, G. Sauter, J. I. Epstein, and I. A. Sesterhenn, Eds., Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Urinary System and Male Genital Organs, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2004.
- P. B. Gaudin, J. Rosai, and J. I. Epstein, “Sarcomas and related proliferative lesions of specialized prostatic stroma: a clinicopathologic study of 22 cases,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 148–162, 1998.
- M. Herawi and J. I. Epstein, “Specialized stromal tumors of the prostate: a clinicopathologic study of 50 cases,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 694–704, 2006.
- F. Fraggetta, P. Pepe, M. L. Giunta, and F. Aragona, “Primary high grade sarcoma of the specialised prostatic stroma: a case report with clinico-pathological considerations,” Pathologica, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 482–484, 2008.
- D. E. Hansel, M. Herawi, E. Montgomery, and J. I. Epstein, “Spindle cell lesions of the adult prostate,” Modern Pathology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 148–158, 2007.
- S. Fukuhara, Y. Matsuoka, T. Hanafusa et al., “A case report of prostatic stromal tumor of uncertain malignant potential (STUMP),” Acta Urologica Japonica, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 377–381, 2008.
- Y. Kakuta, Y. Kobayashi, M. Tanaka, K. Yazawa, Y. Harada, and K. Itoh, “A case of prostatic stromal tumor of uncertain malignant potential,” Acta Urologica Japonica, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 843–846, 2005.
- J. M. Laturnus, M. Gebhard, M. Sommerauer, D. Jocham, and C. Doehn, “Stromal tumour of uncertain malignant potential of the prostate (STUMP)—a case report,” Aktuelle Urologie, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 197–199, 2010.
- M. Nagar and J. I. Epstein, “Epithelial proliferations in prostatic stromal tumors of uncertain malignant potential (STUMP),” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 898–903, 2011.
- J. Brolin, L. Skoog, and P. Ekman, “Immunohistochemistry and biochemistry in detection of androgen, progesterone, and estrogen receptors in benign and malignant human prostatic tissue,” Prostate, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 281–295, 1992.
- B. G. Mobbs and Y. Liu, “Immunohistochemical localization of progesterone receptor in benign and malignant human prostate,” Prostate, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 245–251, 1990.
- E. Paal and M. Miettinen, “Retroperitoneal leiomyomas: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 56 cases with a comparison to retroperitoneal leiomyosarcomas,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1355–1363, 2001.
- P. Colombo, G. L. Ceresoli, L. Boiocchi et al., “Prostatic stromal tumor with fatal outcome in a young man: histopathological and immunohistochemical case presentation,” Rare Tumors, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 163–166, 2010.