- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pathology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 427628, 3 pages
Melanocyte Colonization and Pigmentation of Breast Carcinoma: Pathological and Clinical Aspects
1Department of Endocrine and Breast Surgery, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
2Department of Pathology, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
3Department of Plastic Surgery, Aarhus University Hospital, Nørrebrogade 44, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Received 18 November 2012; Accepted 6 December 2012
Academic Editors: E. Miele, D. Miliaras, A. Pich, and D. Tsuruta
Copyright © 2012 Marco Mele et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. G. Azzopardi and V. Eusebi, “Melanocyte colonization and pigmentation of breast carcinoma,” Histopathology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 21–30, 1977.
- V. Marco, J. Autonell, L. Cirera, and M. Gay, “Breast cancer melanosis in a postmastectomy scar,” Cancer, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 206–209, 1988.
- R. Gadkari, M. A. Pangarkar, V. R. Lele, S. K. Bobhate, and A. V. Kher, “Florid melanocytic colonization in a metastasis of breast carcinoma: a case report,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1353–1355, 1997.
- A. J. Wyatt, A. L. C. Agero, R. Delgado, K. J. Busam, and A. A. Marghoob, “Cutaneous metastatic breast carcinoma with melanocyte colonization: a clinical and dermoscopic mimic of malignant melanoma,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 949–954, 2006.
- L. Requena, M. Sangueza, O. P. Sangueza, and H. Kutzner, “Pigmented mammary Paget disease and pigmented epidermotropic metastases from breast carcinoma,” American Journal of Dermatopathology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 189–198, 2002.
- T. Soler, A. Lerin, T. Serrano, E. Masferrer, A. García-Tejedor, and E. Condom, “Pigmented Paget disease of the breast nipple with underlying infiltrating carcinoma: a case report and review of the literature,” American Journal of Dermatopathology, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. e54–e57, 2011.
- T. Meyer-Gonzalez, A. Alcaide-Martin, M. Contreras-Steyls, M. Mendiola, E. Herrera-Acosta, and E. Herrera, “Pigmented mammary Paget disease mimicking cutaneous melanoma,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 59–61, 2010.
- W. I. Al-Daraji, A. M. O'Shea, L. M. Looi, C. H. Yip, and I. Ellis, “Pigmented mammary paget's disease: not a melanoma,” Histopathology, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 614–617, 2009.
- E. F. Ruffolo, F. C. Koerner, and H. M. Maluf, “Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast with melanocytic differentiation,” Modern Pathology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 592–596, 1997.
- Z. Varga, R. A. Kubik-Huch, M. Spycher, J. Pok, and R. Caduff, “Melanosis arising in a lumpectomy scar, mimicking invasive carcinoma,” Histopathology, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 284–287, 1999.
- A. H. Bartal and C. M. Pinsky, “Malignant melanoma appearing in a post-mastectomy lymphedematous arm: a novel association of double primary tumors,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 16–18, 1985.
- P. P. Rosen, “Chapters 1, 3 and 46. Anatomy; inflammatory and reactive tumors; cutaneous neoplasms,” in Rosen's Breast Pathology, pp. 1–5, 23–56, 789–799, Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1997.
- J. D. Davies, “Pigmented periductal cells (ochrocytes) in mammary dysplasias: their nature and significance,” Journal of Pathology, vol. 114, no. 4, pp. 205–216, 1974.
- L. Wilkins, G. G. Szabo, R. Weinstein, and T. Maciag, “The stimulation of normal human melanocyte proliferation in vitro by melanocyte growth factor from bovine brain,” Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol. 122, no. 3, pp. 350–361, 1985.